British Vital Records Index Version 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Vital Records Index Version 2

I don't know whether this is new news or not...

I just rang the number in Birmingham which has been given on previous threads...I wanted to buy v2 of the BIVRI.

Apparently it is not for sale any longer - neither will it be. They're going to put it online by the end of the year on familysearch.org and it'll be fully searchable for free.:D:D:D:D

So I shall have to find something else to spend my summer holiday money on!
    Kind regards,
    William
    Particular interests: The Cumming families of Edinkillie & Dallas, Moray

I could give you a list of the certificates I want, if that helps!!!!
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

I'm afraid I've just ordered 6 for myself...! Otherwise...
      Kind regards,
      William
      Particular interests: The Cumming families of Edinkillie & Dallas, Moray

Comment

That's a logical outcome - the BIVRI and IGI tended to overlap to some extent anyway. I bet it's mostly because the reader software is getting a bit clunky and may not work with Windows Vista (just guessing).
        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Uncle John it works fine with Vista

]

Comment

That's interesting William. I would imagine they're doing this in conjunction with the other records being transcribed and later put online:FamilySearch.org - Indexing. If you click on Current, Upcoming or Completed Projects you can see that there should be all kinds of record indexes coming online soon, including Irish BMD indexes.

Some records have already been made available at FamilySearch Labs including the 1841 and 1861 England and Wales Census. The search facility isn't that useful yet, and links to Find My Past to view the census image itself, but I read somewhere that they will be adding more search/result categories in future.
            Last edited by Cloggie; 07-08-08, 06:02.
            Sarah

Comment

Rats. And I've just spent $20 on them.
              Yes, works fine on Vista but you have to do a bit of tweaking (not too complicated) thanks to thread posted on here
              CAROLE : "A CHIP OFF THE OLD BLOCK"

Comment

I understood that the England Births and Marriages currently listed on the LDS Lab Site are from the BVRI

Comment

Working...
                X