Could someone date this photo for me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could someone date this photo for me.

I believe this photo to be of my Great Great Grandparents, but need a date to confirm.

thanks,

Also do you think the two in this picture are husband and wife, she looks older than him to me. But I know my GG Grandparents were born the same year.
    Researching the following names:Clarke, Littlejohns, Mansfield, Michelin, Anderson, Marr, Newlands, Shiells, Paterson, Taylor, Catleugh, Thomson, Rutherford, Cullen, Dowling, Douglas and many more
    My family tree
    In search of my Elusive G Grandfather - Grosvenor Ashford Clarke - A Dramatic Actor

Hi Shevy
    I would say early 1900s, from clothes, Edwardian. Hard to comment on ages though!

Comment

they were both born 1866, so early 1900s would make them in there 30s/40s?
      Researching the following names:Clarke, Littlejohns, Mansfield, Michelin, Anderson, Marr, Newlands, Shiells, Paterson, Taylor, Catleugh, Thomson, Rutherford, Cullen, Dowling, Douglas and many more
      My family tree
      In search of my Elusive G Grandfather - Grosvenor Ashford Clarke - A Dramatic Actor

Comment

Shevy - don't know how many children they had - or how financially they were placed - but there's little doubt she'd have had the harder life!!! lol

I'd say from memories of one or two older people I met as a child in the 40s - the women did look older than they were! My grandma who I've since learned would have been mid 50s, (born 1894) in my memory she looked about 70, and she wore a 'frumpy' black dress and had a bun - and certainly looked every inch a ''grandma'' - I've also since learned she had 7 children 3 of whom died as little children....... must take it's toll....... particularly as money must have been very tight in her family.

So I'd guess the photo is probably perhaps 1910s.
        Dorothy G

searching Gillett (Preston/Sheffield). Campbell and Hepburn in Glasgow

There's no such thing as a Free Lunch

Comment

well he was an engine keeper and was away from home in the 1901 census. She had 5 children that I know of maybe more. I have to say she doesn't look the most attractive of women.
          My family tree

Comment

Working...
          X