anybody have access to Ancestry.com pleeease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody have access to Ancestry.com pleeease

Gertrude Cecilia Jennings born 1881 Islington ,while doing a web search on FTM she seems to have emigrated, would appreciate any info please

Which database is she showing in Val - can't seem to find anything at the moment.
    Elaine

Comment

the united states federal census for 1900 1920 and 1930 if its her thanks Elaine
      she may have married a McCormick

Comment

There are quite a few Gertrude Jennings listed, but cannot see one born in England.

Any idea when the marriage may have taken place - and where?
        Elaine

Comment

no I dont but cannot find her in this Country and its such an unusual name so thought it may be her ???
          dont worry for now I'll have another root around first thanks Elaine for trying

Comment

Who were her parents? Do you know where in the US she was?

Comment

her parents were Eliza and William thanks

Comment

There is a nurse child in the 1881 england census born 1880 (age could be rounded down) is that her?

do you have her parents names?
                Researching the following names:Clarke, Littlejohns, Mansfield, Michelin, Anderson, Marr, Newlands, Shiells, Paterson, Taylor, Catleugh, Thomson, Rutherford, Cullen, Dowling, Douglas and many more
                My family tree
                In search of my Elusive G Grandfather - Grosvenor Ashford Clarke - A Dramatic Actor

Comment

have you googled Gertrude Cecilia Jennings, her name comes up in someones family tree and has her as marrying Lewis Marion McCormack, (he died in montreal, canada).

Is it your tree?
                  Researching the following names:Clarke, Littlejohns, Mansfield, Michelin, Anderson, Marr, Newlands, Shiells, Paterson, Taylor, Catleugh, Thomson, Rutherford, Cullen, Dowling, Douglas and many more
                  My family tree
                  In search of my Elusive G Grandfather - Grosvenor Ashford Clarke - A Dramatic Actor

Comment

I cannot find her in any census, but I did find a Gertrude Jennings born in 1881 in England arriving in Port Huron, Michigan on 29 June 1919 and residing in Canada. Port Huron is a border city with Sarnia Ontario, Canada. My daughter lives there. Sorry I couldn't find anything more.

Comment

the one debbie found could be her then, if she did marry the lewis mccormack seeing as he died in canada.

Have you tried emailing the guy who has put the family tree details up on the website. He may have more info.
                      My family tree

Comment

thanks so much Shevy and Debbie that could well be her I will have a google then

Comment

Ancestry lookup please

Val, I couldn't find Gertrude in any census, but I did find a Gertrude Jenings born in 1881 in England crossing into Port Huron, Michigan on June 29, 1919, and it says that she resides in Canada. Port Huron is a border city with Sarnia Ontario, Canada.

Comment

Hi Val,

There is a Gertrude and Lewis McCormick coming up for trumbull county in Ohio - 1920 census if someone can look it up for you. They seem to be off correct age, but obviously I dont know if they are the same household.
                            My family tree

Comment

if you google Lewis M Mccormick , it looks like he has written some documents about corals and funnily enough it has him in Ohio.

So the one I have found in the census could well be him, if someone can check it for you.
                              My family tree

Comment

thanks again Shevy looks interesting

Comment

sorry thanks again Debbie seems quite a few of mine ended up in Canada

Comment

Working...
                                  X