No announcement yet.

Times online ,what am I doing wrong ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Times online ,what am I doing wrong ??

is there an easy way to look for somebody as I seem to get over a thousand choices ??????? thanks
    I am looking for a divorce or second marriage for a Ernest Alfred Jahn or John
    first divorce in 1936-1939
    second divorce 1948
    married 1939 and 1949 to a Evelyn Grace Arms
    any ideas thanks

You might find the marriages if they put in a notice, but you would be unlikely to find the divorce records as they are a bit late and are generally entered under the surname only.

Comment

They may not have been listed at all.
      ~ with love from Little Nell~
      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

There are no hits for Evelyn Arms or Ernest Alfred John/Jahn.
        ~ with love from Little Nell~
        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

When looking for a marriage notice you have to remember the forenames and surnames may not fall together in the notice, such as:

The marriage of Robert Archibald the eldest son of Mr and Mrs J C Smith of The Nook, Little Trumpington to Frances Mary, the second daughter of Colonel and Mrs Jones of Kensington Mansions, took place at St George Hanover Square on Saturday last. The bride and groom will honeymoon in Cannes.

So, there could be lots of word combinations that might give you a match!

Comment

thank you both we have been quoted £40 for a copy of the last divorce but was hoping to finds something online

Comment

Working...
            X