Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Times online lookup please

Hi,
    Has anyone got a free trial to the Times online at the moment?
    I was going to join up but they wanted my date of birth and I know it might sound a bit silly, but I don't like giving those details, so I didnt join up.
    In the past I have had a free trial (must not have wanted dob then) and I found an article I thought I had kept. I can't find it now.

Could anyone do me a big favour please?
    Could you look for the article and pm me with the attachment please?
    It is of a murder report of George Elms, who was murdered in February 1853, at Bishop's Sutton, Chew Magna, Somerset.

I would be very grateful if someone could pm me and forward me the newspaper article.

Thanks,
    Jan

Consider it done.
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Thanks Little Nell.

Jan

Comment

A big thank you to Little Nell for sending me the newspaper report I asked for.

Jan

Comment

My pleasure.
          ~ with love from Little Nell~
          Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

you can always make up a date of birth for those purposes ;)
            Researching the following names:Clarke, Littlejohns, Mansfield, Michelin, Anderson, Marr, Newlands, Shiells, Paterson, Taylor, Catleugh, Thomson, Rutherford, Cullen, Dowling, Douglas and many more
            My family tree
            In search of my Elusive G Grandfather - Grosvenor Ashford Clarke - A Dramatic Actor

Comment

Jan - don't you have a local library that you could join and get online access via your library account?
              Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Hi Uncle John,
                I am a member of my local library, but didn't realise you can get online access to The Times through them. Would I have to go and use their computers, or are you saying I can use
                my library account on my computer, in the comfort of my own home?

Jan

Comment

Jan, it depends what county it is. Some counties don't have it at all, some only provide it on the actual library computers, and some let you use it at home logging in with your library card number.
                  KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                  (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Hi Kiterunner,
                    I will go to my local library and make enquires to see what is what.
                    Thanks,
                    Jan

Comment

Working...
                    X