Public Records Office, Belfast - OFFER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public Records Office, Belfast - OFFER

My OH has granted me permission to visit PRONI when we're over in Northern Ireland next week. I'm researching her half of the family and hope to make some progress...

I am now packing to go over to Ireland and probably won't have another chance to look in on the site for next fortnight or so.

I'll take a note of all the requests and will see what I can do - but please remember I am a novice when it comes to visiting archives. I'll post any results on this thread when I come back - not before the 20th or 21st August.

Please don't post any more requests! Thanks!
    Last edited by wulliam; 07-08-08, 10:53.
    Kind regards,
    William
    Particular interests: The Cumming families of Edinkillie & Dallas, Moray

William

Very kind. Sadly the Irish link in my husband's tree is just a name - Callaghan McCarthy - I have no idea where he came from or anything about him, other than that in 1848 he was old enough to have a 20-year-old son.

Hope you have a great holiday and find all you are looking for!
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Not sure whether you can help at all Wulliam but I am looking for either a birth or death registration for a male child, surname Bouverie.
      I know that he was buried in Carmoney Cemetery Belfast on 2 March 1920, apparently aged 15 days - so presumably born and died February 1920.

Not sure what I have been doing wrong when trying to order certificates from Belfast but have made a request for both birth and death but they have said they cannot find anything. I suppose it is possible that there may not be a birth certificate, but I presume there must have been a death certificate.

The place of death, given on the cemetery records, is Whitehouse, which apparently borders Belfast.

I believe the child's full name was Frederick C Bouverie.

If it's not the sort of query you can help with then never mind!

Have a great holiday and good luck with your own research.
      Elaine

Comment

Hi Wulliam

Please could you check a marriage for me,

George McKinney m Mary Boles 17/10/1840
        Carrickfergus 1st Presbyterian church. I got this from the site "familysearch" I wondered if there was any other information.

Thank you

Teresa

PS The LDS Family History centre in Holywood is very good as they have actual copies of certificates. I can give you a list of whats available if needed.

Comment

Ah, shame you're not going to GRONI, Wulliam! They say they have computerised indexes there:
          GRO Web Site
          But you have to pay £12 for up to six hours there.
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Thanks for the offer and I'd love to be able to take you up on it - unfortunately haven't a clue where several lines come from in Ireland - many of which are pre 1850!!!

Hope you have a great trip and find everything you're looking for.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Can I ask once you've seen the civil indexes, can you then see the entry in the book? I know you can in some places in Ireland but not sure about the north. If you can I might ask you a favour and give you the exact date. ;)

Cheers

Sx

Comment

Hi Peppie,
                All I can find is a reference in the index - this will then make it far easier for you to purchase a certificate.
                Kind regards,
                William

Comment

Is there a way of looking for a marriage so I can send for the certificate - between 1891 and 1901 - I have the names but no idea if they married in Ireland (North or South) or not.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

I'm not aware of a way of doing that - unless someone else can enlighten us both?
                    Kind regards,
                    William

Comment

I would try on this site first:
                      Birth Death Marriage Genealogy Records Ireland - Irish Family History Foundation
                      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Hi

What a kind offer!

If you get time, please could you look up my 2x Gt. Grandfather

ROBERT PATTERSON born 1839 Belfast.

Thanks so much!

Oops Sorry - now see that this is outside the dates you said.........
                        Alison

Researching:
                        CAVE, CUCKOW/COSHOW, DAKIN, GILBERT, GINN, HUXLEY, LEATT, LETTEN, PATTERSON, PERRY, PORTER, SOMMERVILLE, WEEDON, WHITING
                        http://www.authonomy.com/ViewBook.aspx?bookid=1025
                        http://www.authonomy.com/ViewBook.aspx?bookid=2650

Comment

Originally posted by wulliam View Post
                          Hi Peppie,
                          All I can find is a reference in the index - this will then make it far easier for you to purchase a certificate.

Ahh never mind.....:o I've got two possible indexes for my nan, Two girls same Q same place.....Same name...... You'd think she'd go and find her birth cert for me......:D It's in one of her cupboards somewhere......:D

Comment

Thanks Kite - I've book marked the site for further research but I couldn't find the couple I was looking for.

Comment

Please don't post any more requests from this point - I'm packing and won't be online for a fortnight or so. Will get back to folk when I can.
                              Kind regards,
                              William

Comment

I've pm'd Elaine & Teresa with such results as I managed to find. I managed to find a bit more on my wife's family - and managed not to drown in the floods!!

Maybe I'll be able to offer again next Easter...
                                Kind regards,
                                William

Comment

Working...
                                X