Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another try at finding Ariels.

***Merry....you probably want to run now***

I'm trying to tie up some loose ends. If you've had a go at this before, please just leave it, as it will do your head in ( I know).

Three siblings

Agatha Ariel born 1822 Bristol. Married Edward Clark 1839 Bristol. Six children by 1846. Divorced 1845/6. Edward has all six children. Agatha not seen again. This one has been extensively searched by many, so not really expecting an outcome....just added her to the list.

Myles Kirbky Eyre Ariel born Bristol 1819. Married Emily Mary Ann Weaver 1848 Bath. Came to Australia in 1853 with two children (another born on board ship). They came to Victoria and Emily and children went on to Sydney. I think Myles must have stayed in Victoria as he is not on ship to Sydney. They had vast business interests all over the place.
    The youngest child baptised 1855 Sydney. Myles recorded as father, but nothing to indicate wheteher he is dead or alive.
    Emily remarried as a widow in 1863. Myles could have been "declared dead".

Mary Eyre Ariel born 1834. Her mother died 1837 and her father remarried 1839. She is with her stepmother, Lucretia and then by herself until 1891 census. I cannot find her after 1891. Have trawled for marriage and death till 1934.

I've searched all the usual places and don't think there is any connection between the three going missing, but it is annoying.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be grateful.

I am convinced, having looked extensively some time ago that Agatha was beamed up somewhere.

Agatha Ariel - its one of the names that stay with me, and haunt me!

Agatha's mother wasn't called Eleanor was she???
    Last edited by Jessbowbag; 03-08-08, 22:32.
    Jess

Comment

OK, Jess.... I'll accept that......but what about her brother and sister.

Poor Mary stayed so nicley put for 57 years, then ?????

Comment

Libby, it could just be that her (Mary Eyre Ariel's) death is one of those that didn't make it to the GRO indexes. Would she be likely to have left a will, do you think?
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

ignore me - that was Rubbish
          Last edited by Jessbowbag; 03-08-08, 22:42.
          Jess

Comment

I think she would have left a will, but I can't work out how to check without knowing when she died.

Comment

Well, if it was one of my rellies I would go to my local record office (after the school holidays!) and trawl through the National Probate Calendar microfiches to see if there was an entry, but obviously that won't work for you! Do the LDS Family History Centres in Australia have the National Probate Calendar?
              KiteRunner

Comment

Jess....He's HO107 Piece1952 Folio 449 Page 49.

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
                  Well, if it was one of my rellies I would go to my local record office (after the school holidays!) and trawl through the National Probate Calendar microfiches to see if there was an entry, but obviously that won't work for you! Do the LDS Family History Centres in Australia have the National Probate Calendar?

Last time I was there, they didn't have them. Maybe it's something they are getting.

Comment

This is a bit thin, but is it possible Mary went to Australia?

You could pay for a will search, I think they do ten years at a time, so you might have to have three goes. She could easily have been over 100 when she died.

OC

Comment

Their mother was Elizabeth Naylor....father Myles Ariel. Myles later married Lucretia Clark 1839 and then died 1840.

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
                        This is a bit thin, but is it possible Mary went to Australia?

You could pay for a will search, I think they do ten years at a time, so you might have to have three goes. She could easily have been over 100 when she died.

OC

Can't find Mary coming to Australia (or any other place that has shipping online) lol.

Comment

I think they only do 5 years at a time for the will search, so it could work out pretty expensive and of course it could turn out there is no entry after all.
                          KiteRunner

Comment

Oh, sorry, for some reason I thought it was five years either side of a possible death date. Scrap that then!

OC

Comment

Is Myles Ariel Beale connected with your Myles? He was in British Columbia in 1898.

Comment

Yes Mary....he is a second cousin of the missing Myles. The names don't change much in this lot.

Comment

Have you not seen this could this be Agatha remarried after she divorced Edward.
                                  Agatha Ariel Clark
                                  Year of Registration: 1863
                                  Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec
                                  District: Clifton
                                  County: Gloucestershire
                                  Volume: 6a
                                  Page: 301
                                  others on the page
                                  Edwin England
                                  Henry Law Harkness
                                  GWEN

Comment

dont think it is this one the age is out she is on a census with Henry and her year of birth is 1840 is this a daughter?
                                    GWEN

Comment

Yes Gwen....that's the daughter.

Comment

They had vast business interests all over the place.
                                        Were they sold? Is it possible to trace who signed the documents?

Comment

Working...
                                        X