Looking For Bc For George Marsden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For Bc For George Marsden

:(I would like to purchase a copy of the Birth Cert for my Uncle by marriage, but I don't know where to start. His name is George Marsden and he was born on 10 Sept. 1910 somewhere in Yorkshire (I have a feeling that it may have been in Barnsley but I am not really sure). He married my Aunt on 23rd April 1938 in Beckenham, Kent. I have their Marriage Cert and it just gives his father's name as Fred Marsden (Deceased). Can anyone help me or advise me where my best route would be? I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks a lot.

jellylegs

The only George Marsden with no middle initial whose birth was registered Sep 1910 or Dec 1910 is Sep 1910 Middlesbrough district, according to FreeBMD. Volume 9d page 528.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Oh, wait, I don't think FreeBMD has the Dec 1910 births for Marsden yet...
      KiteRunner

Comment

Okay, there are a few possibles in the Dec quarter of 1910 (as he was born in September, his birth could well have been registered in the Dec quarter):
        Huddersfield 9a 259
        Manchester 8d 233
        Rotherham 9c 781
        Preston 8e 471

Of course, if he was definitely born in Yorkshire you can rule out the Manchester and Preston ones! There are several others but they have middle initials.
        KiteRunner

Comment

George Marsden

Thank you Kite Runner. Yes, he was definitely born in Yorkshire, so maybe I could contact the appropriate Register Offices for the two towns you have mentioned and they might be kind enough to do a search for me. I will try that next.

jellylegs

Comment

Working...
          X