Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with downloaded AVI files please

Help please.

I have downloaded pictures and videos of a family party from my camera onto my PC, but I have to turn the PC through 90 degrees to view the videos! I know how to change the photos from landscape to portrait, but can I do it with the videos?

I have a Casio Exilim camera if that makes a difference. I haven't deleted the files from my camera yet.
    My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Hi Sue,

I just opened up an AVI file to see if I could find a way to rotate it.

I normally view with Windows Media player but couldn't see anything on their help section about rotating.

Quickview player has a rotate option though.

QuickTime Player Help
    Gillian
    User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Thanks Gillian, I'll try that.

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Sue,
        If you find out how to do it can you let me know please - I am quite famous for taking videos on the side and have tried for ages to find a programme that will rotate them - I couldn't find it on Quicktime or any of the others so would be grateful if you do manage to work the miracle.
        Thanks, Marion
        There is no absolute truth - and no final answer.

Comment

I've just looked at the reviews for Quick Time Pro and decided that I won't part with money to upgrade. Most of the reviews seem quite bad to me. Thanks for the suggestion anyway Gillian, at least I can discount that one.

I'll let you know if I find anything Marion.

Anybody have any ideas?

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Sorry Sue - I didn't realise editing was a pro feature. I only have the basic free player and l just looked on the help pages on there.

Googling "rotate AVI files" brings up a few options but they seem to involve downloading a special programme.

e.g Help - Can you rotate an .avi file?? [Archive] - Chief Delphi
            Gillian
            User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Hi Sue,

Somewhere in your Start - All Programs you should find Windows Movie Maker which is so easy to use. It allows you to add or not any frame you've downloaded from the camera.

I'd suggest keeping the movie and films on your camera until you've found the right program.

Oh, when you connect the camera to the PC do you get a list of options ?

Merv

Comment

Working...
              X