Just have to share this photo of my Nan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just have to share this photo of my Nan

This is a pic of my nan - Gladys Helen Parkinson born Peterborough 1901 and her sister Kitty born 1903 Peterborough
    I was given the pic by my aunt as all I could remember about my nan was this little old lady, according to the story that goes with the pic, my nan used to sing in her nans pub (The Globe, Albert Place, Peterborough) during the First World War and we think Nan is dressed as Robin Hood, and judging by what Kitty is wearing we think she was a nurse. I just love my nans boots in the pic! I think the pic dates from first world war but no 100 per cent sure
    The photo was taken at the New Studios Long Causeway Peterborough.

Karen

Wow Karen, what a lovely photo. I love the boots too, also the pieces of furniture in the background. Pretty girls too.
    Stella passed away December 2014

Comment

Thats a great photo Karen,

I love the boots too !!
      Jacky

Comment

my nannie had the same boots,and fashion has come round as they are selling same boots but as ankle one,s,my nannie had ulcerated legs and were bandaged and the boots protected her legs.lovely picture and both very pretty ladies brenda xxx

Comment

Great photo - but my first reaction was that the furniture etc. in the background looks too 'flat' so I think it's a stage scenery set. They were probably in a show perhaps to raise money? AM not convinced that's a Nurse's outfit - the apron is too frilly.
          Dorothy G

searching Gillett (Preston/Sheffield). Campbell and Hepburn in Glasgow

There's no such thing as a Free Lunch

Comment

Originally posted by Dubonnet lady View Post
            Great photo - but my first reaction was that the furniture etc. in the background looks too 'flat' so I think it's a stage scenery set.
            If you look at the pic you will see that the 'furniture' is on a backdrop
            so the photo was 'staged' ... ie taken in a studio, as Karen says in her 1st post

Look behind their legs and you will see the difference in colour between the floor and backdrop

Last edited by Rachel Scand; 07-08-08, 22:31.
            ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Are Gladys' knickers coming down?
              Paul Barton, Special Agent

Hear my themetune on http://www.turnipnet.com/radio/dickbarton.wav

Comment

hi Karen
                I hope you don't mind but I have done a little clean up of your fantastic photo. I am sorry if I have upset anyone but this is such a great pic.

Niksmum

Comment

Paul

No, not unless she was a very norty girl!

They are, my dear, bloomers. All nice young ladies wore them. Nice old ladies had knee length ones.

OC

Comment

Working...
                  X