British Home Children website change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Home Children website change

One of the sites on the WIKI page has changed its address British Home Children Descendants. A detailed database is slowly being built on there, giving good histories of each child as far as we can, if people could just visit and just read about it on the site this will help raise awareness of the scheme, so many are still unclaimed but we are working hard to change that.

Thanks

George
    Proud to be connected to Elizabeth (Marjorie) Griffin, one of over 100,000 British Home Children sent from United Kingdom to Canada & Australia to begin a new life.

Just been reading some articles, very interesting but sad. Good site.

Comment

I went on there and could not work out how to claim them ????

Comment

George, can you tell us which link you want changed in the wiki please. Had a quick look but not sure which one needs replacing with the link in your first post. Don't want to delete the wrong one.
        Elaine

Comment

Have added it at the bottom of the 'British Home children' section.

I thing it was there , but not entered as a link as such ( just as an address)

George , is there anything you can add to the section? - if you can feel free, or give me a shout if you like.
          Jess

Comment

Have added some good books on the subject to the Wiki page and a bit more info to the main text.

There are now about 1605 children listed on British Home Children Descendants, it is continually being added to by volunteers and descendants.

If anyone has a child in their tree who was a child migrant then please consider visiting the site and adding them to our 'registry'

If anyone has a child who was sent to Australia, New Zealand, or South Africa then feel free to visit the site and add them to the database too.
            Proud to be connected to Elizabeth (Marjorie) Griffin, one of over 100,000 British Home Children sent from United Kingdom to Canada & Australia to begin a new life.

Comment

Working...
            X