Parish Records for County Durham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parish Records for County Durham

Would anyone know where I would find the parish records for Quebec in County Durham.
    I am looking for the birth or baptism of my GG Grandfather, I need to find out if he was born in Quebec, County Durham, (which I had in my records) as a relative I have been in touch with says he was born in Quebec, Canada.
    He was born about 1826.

I would have thought they would be in the Durham Records Office.

Found this site that says where Quebec is to be found

Quebec, County Durham

I think there's a FHS for Durham which might be able to do a lookup for you.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

This web site explains the villages (including Quebec) that are covered by four churches in the area... I have been trying to get you an easier ( and shorter) link..... but sorry I can't...

Jean

Esh, Hamsteels, Langley Park & Waterhouses Churches County Durham, England

ahhh ..... it's turned into a shorter link
      Jean....the mist is starting to clear

Comment

Thanks JBee and Jean, I'll take a look at those sites now.

Comment

You could try this website :- Durham Records Online: Search Census and Church Records

It's pay to view, but free to search. Hope you find what you are looking for.
          Helen
          Support the S.O.P.H.I.E. campaign, Stamp Out Predudice Hatred + Intolerance Everywhere.

Visit the website at http://www.sophielancasterfoundation.com/index1.html

http://www.illamasqua.com/about/sophie/

Comment

Thanks Helen, just looked on there, but no joy.

Comment

Morfydd have you looked here?
              Diocese of Durham Bishops Transcripts 1700-1900.

FamilySearch Record Search

It's a bit difficult as you just have to browse through but good luck.
              Kit

Comment

You could also try asking in the uk-northeast list if any members have the records for the area.
                uk-northeast@rootsweb.com
                Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

Morfydd

If he was born 1826ish won't he be on the census?
                  ~ with love from Little Nell~
                  Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Working...
                  X