Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Winner of WDWTYA? July 31st 2008 is ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Winner of WDWTYA? July 31st 2008 is ....

Jan

Well done Jan
    Gwynne

Congratulations Jan go do well dear ;;;
    borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Well done Jan, hope you find loads out about your ancestors

]

Comment

congratulations brenda xxxx

Comment

right, off I go. looking for a birth and death of Winnie Brown, which will be the last one to find of my parternal nan's sisters. The dates in brackets are what Violet gave, and are only a few years out, so I'm assuming she remembered Winnie being around when Violet was a child. but have looked for the years before, and not found her. father William mother Jane (Shuttle)
          Charlotte Brown - Fulham 1899 (1905)
          Irene- Fulham 1901 (1906)
          Lily - Fulham 1905 (1907)
          Rose - Fulham 1906 (1908)
          John - Fulham 1909
          Violet - Croydon 1910
          Cissie -Croydon 1912 (1911)
          William jnr -Croydon 1916 (1912)
          Winnie (1913)died appros 6 months old,
          their mother Jane (Shuttle) died 8th Oct 1918 Croydon
          did sent for a birth cert for a Winifred Brown died March 1919 -Fulham but not the right one. Thought Winnie might have been put with her father's sister Alice and her husband Hary Berry as they lived round the corner In Fulham at one point.
          Last edited by jan; 01-08-08, 18:58. Reason: forgot brackets 1913

Comment

Hi Jan I remember looking for this before lol..

I noticed that some of the children have more than one forename so is it possible that Winnie did?

1stq 1913, Doris W A Brown.. MMN Shuttle, Newbury vol 2c page 511

Just realised Newbury is in Berkshire!
            Last edited by Northern Light; 01-08-08, 20:31.

]

Comment

OMG sorry if I've asked before, I'm obsessed with it now, and any one with ears or eyes gets a bit of a bashing with it lol. I could send for the cert and see if it's right, would strike one more off one way or the other

Comment

There seem to be other Brown children with MMN Shuttle born Newbury, some the same year as some of the children you have in Croydon so Doris could very well belong to another couple.
                Fiona. xx

Comment

Just noticed that Fiona, thanks..I couldnt find the birth the last time I looked.

I dont think its worth risking the cert Jan..Forget it lol Cissie was born 4thq 1912 so it cant be right..
                  Last edited by Northern Light; 01-08-08, 20:43.

]

Comment

There is a Birth for a Winifred Julia, Sep 1904, Fulham, 1a, 275 and a Death Dec 1904, Fulham, 1a, 197.
                    Fiona. xx

Comment

And a Winifred Miriam Birth, Sep 1905 Fulham, Death Mar 1906 Fulham.
                      Fiona. xx

Comment

Sorry cant find any roundabout 1913.

]

Comment

but why would Violet give a year of birth if Winnie had died before she (violet) was born in 1910 ?
                          oh dear,it's all coming back to me now, it was fruitless last time, maybe it is one that is never going to be sorted . shall I ask something else ?

Comment

Violet would have only been 3 in 1913 so she'd only know about Winnie from what she was told as she got older so she might have the d.o.b mixed up.
                            She was 4 years out on one of the births.
                            Fiona. xx

Comment

It was William's birth she gave as 1912 but he was born in 1916 so Violet would have been 6 then and more likely to remember that birth.
                              Fiona. xx

Comment

Originally posted by jan View Post
                                but why would Violet give a year of birth if Winnie had died before she (violet) was born in 1910 ?
                                oh dear,it's all coming back to me now, it was fruitless last time, maybe it is one that is never going to be sorted . shall I ask something else ?
                                Jan sorry I cant find it! http://www.familytreeforum.com/resea...th-please.html

]

Comment

cringng with embarasment about posting this question before. but mighty impressed that Northern light remembered and I hadn't !lol

would the mods like to give this week to some one with a more worthy prob to solve, maybe I'll put my name forward another time, thanks to you all for the input.

Comment

Jan , dont be daft lol, Its not a problem. Have you any more missing links? You must have?

]

Comment

Oh yes please, you must have something else.
                                      I had quite a nice time looking and it kept me out of mischief for a while
                                      Fiona. xx

Comment

oooeeerr,have I asked this before. Phoebe Hinsley b 1839 Handsworth Stafford, last seen on 1871 census, birmingham with bro Benjamin,dau Elizabeth 3m. Elizabeth is 'Lzzie' on birth cert 1871 Birmingham Warwick, no father, can't find either Phoebe or Lizzie after this date. Benjamin went to America1879, but can't find a marr for Phoebe and no passenger list name,

Comment

Working...
                                        X