Where should I start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where should I start?

I am trying to trace the whereabouts of someone (male)- I don't know much more than his name, year - 1959 and quarter of birth, and the London Borough in which he was born.

Any ideas please?

Thanks
    Joan died in July 2020.

I think I'd check the 1984+ death records to rule that out, first. It doesn't rule out an earlier death or an extremely recent one, but it does eliminate a chunk of that particular risk.

After that, it's electoral roles, telephone directories...and such like to home in on some possibles.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks again, Christine

That makes sense!

Cheers
      Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

I think that's roughly what my approach was to try to find the (estranged) son of my mother's late cousin, shortly after his death. In the end, I had a couple of possible names, but then realised that the estrangement may mean that he wouldn't have wanted to know, anyway.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks again, Christine
          Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

HI Muggins

I have sent you a PM
            WendyP

Comment

i bet you are itching to know, aren't you??

easy distinctive name or dead common one?
              Jess

Comment

Sadly, middling, Jess - surprise, surprise, it's Wicks! LOL
                Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by WendyP View Post
                  HI Muggins

I have sent you a PM
                  Thanks Wendy - have replied
                  Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

It is obviously also worth Googling, looking at the London Gazette. Another source, if he might have been the director of a company is Companies House. Ican't remember whether you still can search for directors there, but they give details of dob and address.
                    Phoenix - with charred feathers
                    Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Friends Reunited?
                      ~ with love from Little Nell~
                      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Have you tried 192.com?

Comment

Thanks Phoenix, Nell & Mary - sorry I didn't say earlier :o , but I believe Wendy P has found the address for me. Thanks Wendy
                          Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

Good luck, Joan. Hope this leads you to new information.
                            Phoenix - with charred feathers
                            Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Working...
                            X