Help Me Please Asap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Me Please Asap

Thank you all for your help. I have a lot of information now to get on with.

THANK YOU
    Last edited by glenjamin; 01-08-08, 07:22.

I think deed polls are listed in the London Gazette which is online - hopefully someone can post up the link. (I'm not on my home computer so I haven't got it.)
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

She may not have registered it - just gone through a solicitor and signed a form.

There used to be Traceline where they could be contacted through their doctors but it ceased a few weeks ago unfortunately.

Perhaps a plea in a local free paper or if you know the sort of job she does - a message left at likely employers.

Alternatively Lost Touch on teletext channel 4 page 171,

Friends Reunited - she might be registered in her old name

Last edited by JBee; 30-07-08, 00:17.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

I'm afraid it isn't compulsory for deeds poll to be registered.

They can be enrolled at the Royal Courts of Justice, but they usually aren't:

Name change by Deed Poll - Is a Deed Poll registered anywhere?

You can search the Gazette in case the change of name was published there:

Gazette

If you draw a blank, you could try the Salvation Army, which has a tracing service.

Comment

The Salvation Army: Family Tracing
          ~ with love from Little Nell~
          Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

also try facebook bebo and myspace
            wye surrey/london/birmingham
            lawrence/laurence berkshire/london/norfolk
            hall harrison cook/e pratt surrey
            ebbage maltby pratt norfolk
            herbert pratt yorkshire/hampshire
            armstrong/rickinson/harrison/beddington yorkshire

Comment

You know she changed her name, but you dont know what to? is that the problem??

You could try looking on things like 192 .com, in her old name ( and hope she hasn't moved)

try friends reunited - if you are looking for friends for yonks agao, you'd use your former name to register on sites like that.

If it isa really serious life and death situation, you coud try the ploice local to where she lives- i dont know what they could suggest, but they might suggest something
              Last edited by Jessbowbag; 30-07-08, 15:20.
              Jess

Comment

Local radio stations often put out requests in life or death situations.
                Avatar....My darling mum, Irene June Robinson nee Pearson 1931-2019.

'Take nothing on its looks, take everything on evidence. There is no better rule' Charles Dickens, Great Expectations.

Comment

Working...
                X