Help to unravel this please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help to unravel this please

Following on from threads re Harmans (below). I am trying to see if George Harman 1793 Uxbridge and siblings are related to my tree. My Harmans were born Harefield reg district Uxbridge, Northolt and Bucks. Below is the family tree (plus my scribble) from NA which Joan very kindly got for me a long time ago.
    IGI shows Samuel Harman and Mary Burley having 2 children - Charlotte b1804 Hillingdon and Harriet Fleetwodd b 1805Hillingdon. Charlotte married Edward Woolls a solicitor who founded Wools,Paterson & Garner solicitors and was a partner with George Harman in his brewery.
    I am making the assumption that George, Samuel, William and Margaret are also their children
    From IGI I found a George Harman and Elizabeth Fleetwood having children
    Anna Maria 1745 Uxbridge d 11/5/1803 married John Lovell
    George 1750 Eton Bucks
    Elizabeth Fleetwood 1756 Uxbridge d 12/11/1761
    Could George & Elizabeth be Samuels parents (top of tree)?
    Can not find will of George the Brewer BUT from NA will of Elizabeth Harman (nee Fleetwood??) which makes me thinks George & Elizabeth are Samuels parents
    FILE - Probate of will of Elizabeth Harman of Uxbridge, widow; made 20 Sep 1805, codicil 14 Jun 1812, proved P.C.C. - ref. ACC/1402/005 - date: 1814
    [from Scope and Content] Bequests include: freehold estate known as the Three Legs [Windsor Street, Uxbridge] with barn and brewhouse to son Samuel Harman of Uxbridge, cooper and heirs, subject to payment of £200 to Grandaughter Matilda Lovell; remainder of above estate including house occupied by testatrik to son Charles Harman, subject to payment of £100 to Matilda Lovell; stock in trade and all household furniture and linen to son Charles; copyhold estate at Harefield to be sold and £140 out of proceeds to be paid to grandchildren Matilda, Charles, John and Joseph Lovell (no further details of estate given).
    [from Scope and Content] Executors: sons Samuel and Charles Harman.

Could I please have your thoughts

Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

am making the assumption that George, Samuel, William and Margaret are also their children

can you just clarify whose children you think these are
    Jess

Comment

Samuel & Mary Burley because IGI shows Charlotte(bottom of tree) as their child and they had another not shown on tree - Harriet Fleetwood
      Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Comment

George Harman (b 1793ish) is in related trade (brewers & coopers) and area as the others, but I am not sure how you can prove it.

I have friends who worked in Uxbridge library and lived in Harefield but they moved away years ago.

I was a regular visitor at Barnards Bookshop in Windosr Street.
        ~ with love from Little Nell~
        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Working...
        X