Help please with Norfolk search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please with Norfolk search

I am looking for the parents of Samuel A Baker born abt 1810 in Norwich, Norfolk. Help please!

Debbie, there were something like 50 churches in Norwich, plus plenty of chapels.

The Wiki lists lots of online sites for Norfolk, but there will be lots of places not covered.

Did he have an unusual occupation? Post 1800 wills are available free online.
    Phoenix - with charred feathers
    Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Debbie

I have just had a look on Freereg and there is one bap 1810 and another bap 1806 in Norfolk. I don't know the area so it would be best if you had a look. The site is quite good for Norfolk

Lin
      Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
        Debbie, there were something like 50 churches in Norwich, plus plenty of chapels.

The Wiki lists lots of online sites for Norfolk, but there will be lots of places not covered.

Did he have an unusual occupation? Post 1800 wills are available free online.
        What is Wiki and where do I find wills?

Comment

On the 1851 census there is a Samuel Baker c1811 Norwich living in St Gregory's and on the 1881 there is Samuel A Baker c1810 Norwich, living in St Giles. Now both of these places are near to one another, so you could try the St Gregory's Parish first. Doesn't mean he was baptised there, I know, but at least it's a starting point.
          Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

debbie click on the gedcom thread then put baker in there are lots,brenda xxx

Comment

it is up at the top

click where I have pointed, and choose Wiki main page, then British Isles, then England , then Norfolk

you sometimes have to scroll down a bit
              Jess

Comment

Debbie, the Wiki is the fifth button along, above the smiley face when you post a reply! It's a lucky dip of all sorts of info.

This link:

Norfolk - Family Tree Forum

takes you to the Norfolk page. Play around with some of the links there, to see what you can find.
                Phoenix - with charred feathers
                Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

On some censuses, people born in a town will give the parish of their birth - though this doesn't mean they were baptised in the parish church itself, but it does give some pointers.
                  ~ with love from Little Nell~
                  Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

If Samuel was born 1810 and married after 1837 his father's name and occupation should be listed on the marriage cert.
                    ~ with love from Little Nell~
                    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Working...
                    X