Help Installing the NBI on vista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Installing the NBI on vista

I am having real problems installing the NBI on my computer.

I put the first disk in and it comes up with the box that says "run" or "open" so I click on run and it makes a load of noise and then nothing.

I have tried going to run and then put E:\setup but it doesn't do anything either.

I have rung the company I got it from and they sent me an e-mail, but this describes problems that could arise AFTER it has been installed. Not before.

HELP!!!

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Hi Tom, have you tried right-clicking on the setup program (.exe) and then on "Run as administrator"? Don't know about NBI, but that sometimes works for other programs.
    Sarah

Comment

Hi Sarah

There doesn't seem to be that option anywhere. I have rung them and they are going to send me another one out as it may be the disk is faulty because it would not install on my windows pc either.

So, fingers crossed the new one works

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

Hmmm... Normally you can right click on the program or the disk to run as administrator.
        But if it's not working on your other PC either (I'm guessing that one's not running Vista?) then it does sound like there might be something wrong with the disk.
        Hope they send you a new one that works properly!
        Sarah

Comment

FFHS - Projects - NBI in Windows Vista

Have just followed the instructions above and it now works under Vista.....

Not really much help if the CD isnt doeing anything though Tom :(

I tried replicating your steps, and sure enough if i just select open from the menu that appears there is just a load of cd access and nothing more...

right clicking on the drive and selecting open, should show you the contents of the disk... in fact if it gives you the menu, vista must be seeing something there..

locate setup.exe, right click on it, select run as administrator and let it run...

after it has installed, use the link above and everything should be tickety-boo
          https://squeakerslair.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
          X