check up on 2nd marriage please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• check up on 2nd marriage please

Hi...I`ve had contact from GR which has me a little bewildered.. This contact and myself have Thomas Anyon b 1795 Neston,chesh...I have his wife as
    Elizabeth Standish b 1796 Neston....children
    ELLEN b 1820
    william b 1822
    mary b 1823
    anne 1826
    samuel b 1828
    thomas b 1830
    betsy b 1830
    jane 1835
    samuel 1840..(2nd samuel)
    this contact has Thomas Anyon married Mary Porter in 1826(mary b 1806)
    Ihave been to Neston and to have 2 thomas anyons b 1795 in a village this size seems a little remote....so,,did thomas marry twice or was there a second thomas anyon...there`s also the chance this contact has his tree completely wrong....I am going on Chesh parish site(csc) to see if I can find Elizabeths burial...in the meantime could anyone see if they can find this marriage of Thomas Anyon and Mary Porter in 1826...can`t find it on chesh parish site....thanks....allan;)
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

just been on chesh site...can`t find Elizabeths burial or Thomas`s marriage to Mary...regards...allan
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

1841 census has Thoms Anyon aged 50 cordwainer, living with Elizabeth aged 40 and William 20, Thomas 10, Betsy 10, Jane and Samuel 8 months which looks like your family. I know no relationships are given but this seems to rule out your man marrying a Mary in 1826.
      Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

thanks judith.....it looks like this contact has a different thomas or they have somehow got the wrong wife,,,,thanks again...allan;) also I found a burial for elizabeth in 1871 aged 70...this ties in with YOUR 1841 census that Elizabeth was b in 1800...not 1796 as I have in my tree...cheers...allan
        Last edited by garstonite; 28-07-08, 19:05.

Comment

well it appears there were 2 thomas anyons b 1795 in Neston....mine was a shoemaker...the other was a mariner...in a little village...is this unusual??...allan

Comment

Not so unusual - probably they were cousins. My maternal line Tweed relatives made up a large percentage of the population of the small Cambridgeshire village of Cheveley- there were 6 boys called William Tweed born there between 1841 and 1846!
            Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Working...
            X