brass bracelet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brass bracelet

Just wondering if anyone has any idea about an identity bracelet that was owned by my gt. grandmother?

It is a simple brass disc engraved with her name and address.

Could it be a medical bracelet??

Thanks

Tracy

I'm no expert, but I don't think medical bracelets were invented till very recently.

Comment

Was it her latest address or address where she was born - I'm thinking a christening bracelet, otherwise would imagine its just a personalised bracelet.......... possibly if she was old and had lost her mind a bit, could be incase she got lost (dont mean to offend if that was not the case)

Comment

I know that people with some illnesses like Epilepsy or diabetes sometimes where a necklace which shows there illness. Is there anything else on the bracelet that could indicate anything like that?

Comment

She wasn't in the women's armed forces, was she?

Comment

I think the ones worn for 'medical' purposes are usually copper aren't they ?

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Rachel my 'medical' bracelet is stainless steel, supplied by MedicAlert - had it since 1965.
              Stella passed away December 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Stella View Post
                Rachel my 'medical' bracelet is stainless steel, supplied by MedicAlert - had it since 1965.

Ooooo ... what does it do ?

stop you going rusty ?

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

:D Rachel! MedicAlert make them in stainless steel so that they are just about indestructable, also so that they do not look like an article of jewellery. Mine is to do with a serious allergy from which I very nearly died years ago.
                  Stella passed away December 2014

Comment

Oh I see ... not one of those arthritis-type thingies then

I've always thought stainless steel looks like platinum

Comment

I would have thought that a christening gift would be silver or possibly gold.

A brass disc with a name and address sounds like a dog collar attachment to me.
                      Is it actually on a bracelet, or could it have been a personalised tag for luggage?
                      ~ with love from Little Nell~
                      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Originally posted by Little Nell View Post
                        I would have thought that a christening gift would be silver or possibly gold.

A brass disc with a name and address sounds like a dog collar attachment to me.
                        Is it actually on a bracelet, or could it have been a personalised tag for luggage?
                        No Nell, it really is a bracelet! It has one address that she lived in when she and her husband adopted my grand father and a much later address when she moved.

I'll try and get a photo of it and upload.

Tracy

Comment

Bracelet

This is the bracelet
                          As you can see the original address has been etched out.

Tracy

Comment

they had belts could it be remnants of a belt.? there seems to be missing a fstener thats what makes me think its part of a belt.brenda xxx

Comment

It look like a love token to me.
                              Perhaps her boyfriend (later her husband) made it for her.
                              Cheers
                              Guy
                              Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

But I don't see why you'd have an address engraved? A love token would say "I love you" or some such.

Unless the token was plain and she had the address engraved on it so it wouldn't be irretrievably lost.
                                ~ with love from Little Nell~
                                Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Working...
                                X