Can anyone help me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help me?

I went to Geni.com I LOVE the way that i can build a tree there. It color codes guys and girls and whatever I type in it places it for me (minimal confusion). The only problem is that idon't really want my families info. on the internet. Does anyone know of similar software that is downloadable.

(Go to Geni.com play around with the different features and let me know what you think.)

Hello and welcome - see this is your first posting

There are free programs on the net like PAF5 from familysearch.org but I dont think it would be a sophisticated as colour coding

Why dont you get familytreemaker - I think you can get the 2006 version for about £11 from TWR computing. You dont have to put it on the internet and if you do choose to you can password protect it so only authorised people have access. With FTM you can back up to cd and to your internet storage so that if there is a disaster on your puter you still have all the information stored. Add photos, timelines, documents etc.

Meanwhile you can add a gedcom to the site here.

Comment

I would recommend Legacy.

Legacy Family Tree Genealogy Software

The standard version is free to download.
      Gillian
      User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

There is also a Free one to download at

Family Tree Builder - Free genealogy program

I use FTM and am really pleased with it.
        Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

You can also check out Modern Genealogy 2009. Unfortunately it's not available for purchase yet, however it will be available for download as a free Beta test within the coming weeks.

Cheers!
          Jeromy Walsh

Comment

I haven't tried the FTM download but it may only have limited functions, a while ago there were free giveaways with a Sunday paper but most of the features were locked and the unlock code costs more than the programme does.
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
            My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
            My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Working...
            X