Pictures embedded in Word Documents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures embedded in Word Documents

I've been sent several pictures by 2 different relatives but the pictures are in a word document. I would like to take the photos out of the document and print them as individual photos but don't know how.

If I try to copy one photo and then save it elsewhere if comes up as a 'scrap' file and I can't view it.

Any ideas how to remove the photos?

I'd post them here (attempt to anyway) except some of the people are living and I don't if they would be happy for that to happen.
    Kit

Hi Kit, After you've done a copy of the picture try and paste it into mspaint and then go from there .... you should be able to print or save it via mspaint.

Comment

If these emails have come as an attachment is it possible for you to use the drop down menu on the 'mouse' Save Picture As?
      I have found this a useful feature but more often than not Windows Mail embeds the image into the main email.
      (Hello John)
      Margaret N
      DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Hi John and Margaret sorry for the delay.

I'll try your idea John, sounds good.

Unfortunately Margaret that isn't working which is why I've asked for help.
        Kit

Comment

Update: John's idea of copy into mspaint works well for some pictures but not others. I'll have to keep experimenting to see if I can work it out. It's very strange I have to say.
          Kit

Comment

Hi Kit,
            If you re-save your document in Word as a web page you'll find that you end up with a *.htm file and also a folder containing the images separated out from the word document. Sometimes you even get two different versions of the same image if the image was scaled down onto the Word document, so one will be a copy of the original larger/higher resolution image that was pasted into Word and the other will be the smaller scaled down version.

To save as a web page, just open up your document in Word, go to File > Save As and then in the Save As dialog box select 'Web page (*.htm, *.html) from the 'Save as type' drop down menu (it's usually Word document *.doc, by default). Save the web page version somewhere that you can find easily. Go to the location where you saved your web page and you'll find a file called yourfilename.htm and also a folder containing the web page images called yourfilename_files.

Hope this helps! I have a client who insists on sending me images this way, but when you know how it's quite easy to get around.

Penny

Comment

That's a very good idea Penny :D:D

Comment

Working...
              X