Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish Census - Cork

Another message from the Irish Family History Foundation:

The Irish Family History Foundation's Online Research Service (ORS) are pleased to announce the availability of the Cork (North & East) census records for 1901 and 1911.
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

just got my email! I think i can see hubbies grandfather on it :D now where's me Euros! :D

Comment

Please remember that the Irish Family History Foundation with all its problems of looking for the right Murphy/O'Neill/Ryan etc is the PAYING site that the census for Cork and other places for 1901 and 1911 are being released. You may well have to pay many many Euros before you get the right Murphy. If you can all be patient and wait for the FREE site that is also producing the same census, possibly with more accuracy, then you will all be better off. I am personally more intetested in waiting for the FREE ones through the Dublin National Archives at:

National Archives: Census of Ireland 1911

I have waited so long and I can wait a little longer. There should be more counties up and running by Christmas 08, I hope!!

Janet
      Last edited by Janet; 25-07-08, 09:27.

Comment

Antrim, Down and Kerry are scheduled for October, followed by Donegal and then Cork....

"...Kerry, Antrim and Down will be available online in October 2008. Publication of the other counties will follow, in the order listed below, between then and mid-2009. More precise timescales will be posted when available."
        Sarah

Comment

Cloggie,

Thankyou. We will just have to live in hope as we all know what happened to Dublin! I am waiting patiently??? for Cork, Tipperary and Kings County (now Offaly) and it is the Offaly one I want most of all. because that is where my father's family will be, probably on both census.

Waiting with great patience!

Janet
          Last edited by Janet; 25-07-08, 11:30.

Comment

I'm delighted that Down is coming soon (or so they say at least!), although I've found a lot for one of the parishes in 1901 already thanks to the transcriptions on Peter Meaney's site: Co Down Stuff

I'll have to be more patient for the other counties I'm interested in though - Louth and Westmeath.

Fingers crossed they all come online soon!
            Sarah

Comment

justgot mine too brenda xxx

Comment

Working...
              X