Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• am I being a little paranoid here?

Good morning
    my gg grandfather Daniel Oakes,married Marianne Merrick in 1873 in Garston(st michaels church).they had 9 children..I`ve found out that he married Ann Evason from Kidderminster in 1871 in Liverpool city centre in St Nicholas`s church...Ann Oakes(Evason )died in 1872 in Kidderminster....so it looks like she went home to die...Marianne Merrick was from Ocle Pychard...which is not that far from Kidderminster compared to Garston,Liverpool.
    so he married twice in 3 years..am I being optimistic by thinking maybe Ann Evason died in childbirth?...could there have been a child?...if she died of a sickness,that would put paid to any theory I have....so can anyone help me try and find a death registration for ANN OAKES in kidderminster 1872...if it can`t be found,I seem to have a little hiccup regarding Ann....I can`t get it out of my head he was with her only a year,and did they have a child?...am I being paranoid?.regards...allan
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Allan......Have you trawled through Ancestry??

I'm happy to, if you haven't.

Comment

No I haven`t Libby...would appreciate it if you have the time....regards....allan;)
      Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

I have next to no idea of English geography so here goes.

Q1 Ann age 40 Leeds
        Q2 Ann age 35 Leigh
        Q3 Ann age 38 St Giles and Ann age 27 Bristol
        Q4 Ann age 37 Stoke T and Ann age 41 Nantwich.

I tried Oaks as well but nothing there.

Comment

thanks Libby.....I`ll have to go to Lancs BMD again for their marriage...I have Ann Evason as born 1846 died 1872 aged 25/26...none of the four you have given me tie in with her age or are near Kidderminster....they are on the 1871 census in Palmerston rd Garston.....be back soon I hope with some info....thanks again...allan;)

Comment

ok Libby...their marriage is the very first one in 1871 in Liverpool in the year 1871 on Lancs BMD.....so now i`ll have to go and see if I can find Anns death in Kidderminster 1872/1873....regards...allan;)

Comment

Found her

1873 Q1 Ann Oakes age 26 Kidderminster 6c 155 (Get someone to check that as the printing is not clear).

Comment

ok ...so I can`t find ANNS death on West Midlands/Worcs BMD.....I need a little help here...Kidderminster is in Worcestershire.....no luck...so where did I get my info from regarding Anns death......be back....allan

Comment

thanks Libby....thought I was cracking up then...so she died in the 1st quarter of 1873...I`m going to check Daniel s marriage to Marianne in 1873....didn`t waste much time did he???....allan;)

Comment

Allan she could have died in 1872 and wasn't registered till 1873. Still not a lot of grieving on Daniel's part.

Comment

well I never knew that.....Lancs bmd has his marriage in 1874 not 1873 like I thought...but they also have his 1st marriage with his second marriage together on the same page...so both his marriages on the same page even though they are 3 years apart...strange.....ok so now I`ve confirmed my marriages and death,I think I will have to get Ann Oakes(Evason) death certificate to see how she died....is there any other way I can find out???....allan

Comment

Allan do you have them in 1881?

Comment

I have Daniel-Marianne(mary ann) and children Thomas/Ellen /william/daniel...william is my g grandfather......regards.....allan;)
                          added...just going to edit my tree regarding Daniel and Mariannes year of marriage...ok...Ihave Thomas born in 1874...does that tie in with the 1881 census??....allan
                          Last edited by garstonite; 25-07-08, 06:33.

Comment

Think I have them in 1881. The oldest child with them is Thomas age 7, so born about 1874. When in 1874 did they marry?

Comment

doesn`t give that info on Bmd...does it say on ancestry?..not that it really matters...its ann and whether she gave birth I am more interested in...could you check and see for any Oakes births in late 1872 or early 1873 in Kidderminster please Libby.....thanks...allan;)

Comment

how weird is that Libby....Marianne is a very unusual name in the 1800`s....
                                1873 birth Marianne F M Oakes (kingswinford),West Midlands....now I am curious....was the baby named after Marianne Merrick?....was Marianne ,Anns nurse?.allan;) see what i mean about being paranoid...lol

Comment

Back again, Allan. Had to dash out.

I'll have a look around. I think I'd have to buy the certs instead of food, but I'll check.

Comment

1881 does say Mary Ann.

Comment

I'd say the one you found may have been Mary Anne, there are a stack of them born 1873.

Comment

If Ann died in childbirth, the baby may have been stillborn. Or if she did give birth, the baby may have died so soon afterwards that the father didn't give it a name, so you'd need to look for male/female Oakes deaths.

But she could just as easily have died of TB or some other prevelant disease, or in an accident.

There's also the possibility that if she did die leaving a small baby, that the baby was taken in by other relatives.

As for the hasty remarriage - men often married very quickly again after death of a spouse, as indeed did women.
                                        ~ with love from Little Nell~
                                        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Working...
                                        X