• Show
Clear All

• Is this the right death ref??

Ada Florence Baumberger born 1900

1924 marriage to Frank Leavold

Feb 1997 death reg, Portsmouth district;

Ada Nellie Leavold
    Birth Date: 23 Jun 1906

I'm just mopping up some loose ends on a few twigs so won't get the cert as yet but does it look like the right one??
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

What quarter is her birth reg in?

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

Brentford 3c 161 Q4 1900

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Well, it is December quarter of 1900 which would suggest she wasn't born in June. My granny knocked a few years off her age, but she did keep the same day for her birthday at least, so her death registration says she was born 29 Oct 1914 instead of 29 Oct 1910, if you see what I mean. Also there is the middle name problem, so I would say it doesn't look like the right death. Do you know roughly when your Ada died or is it a question of trawling through all the quarters?
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Oh, and Glen, I've just found a Leavold who married an Ada N Clark in 1927, so I bet that's her.
          KiteRunner

Comment

And there is an Ada Nellie Clark birth registered Jun 1906, in the same area as that 1927 marriage, so I think that settles it.
            KiteRunner

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
              Oh, and Glen, I've just found a Leavold who married an Ada N Clark in 1927, so I bet that's her.

You are probably right, this is a real distant twig and i just picked up the marriage ref on freebmd, either she died pre '84, re-married or possibly toddled off to Germany (there aren't many Baumberger references but the family is of German descent).

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Just shows you how these weird coincidences can mislead you doesnt it. Who would have thought a strange name like that would come up with the same first name and roughly right time/place.

Comment

Not so strange if all the Leavolds come from the same area, though, I suppose? And Ada was a fairly common name at that time...
                  KiteRunner

Comment

I'm stalled with this little lot for now, too distant to spend the money on certs.

Although the Baumbergers come from Germany the family groups all settled around Brentford and Fulham areas.

One family had kids pre 1901 and the next one i can find is post 1911 (via mmn). Roll on the 1911 :D

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Kite, I was trying to be a comfort I guess Im just a natural mum

Comment

well i did fing a link on an ancestry tree, all topped off with scanned certs and a couple of pics of one of the children.

Not a lot of detail about the siblings but that's one well sorted.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Working...
                        X