Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorces 1858 - 1903

index on find my past.

Just had a newsletter - don't know what info they might hold though.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Ive just been fiddling on Find my Past. I dont know if its just me but I do find it all "bits and pieces" - never feels very professional or complete does it. Says Parish Records, I rush to check out a few people then notice its just burials and even then it doesnt turn up a very common name anywhere.

Comment

I never find anything on there. I bought some credits and wasted half of them trying to find some of my names.
      Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

I clicked on the link which took to this search page.

I 've got one that could have been divorced as he returned home to his mothers and she went on to have several children with her employers surname as a middle name - youngest had no father on birth certificate. When she died she was still down as married to her husband!!!! I wonder!!!

Divorces and matrimonial causes 1858 - 1903 - search on findmypast

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

They've had those divorce and matrimonial causes records on their site for quite a long time, because it was one of the databases that they acquired when they took over a site which I think was called "The National Archivist" or something like that?
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

It ought to be the case that all the divorces for that period are fully indexed for free on the TNA site
            Phoenix - with charred feathers
            Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Working...
            X