Google books - having a bit of bovver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google books - having a bit of bovver

When I used to use that site it was a case of using a key word, up came the results and then I trawl through them clicking on books I wanted to check out but today Ive only been able to "open" one book for a read. Has it changed or have I? I remember reading one there with all the memorial head stones inscriptions for st Mary, Rotherhithe. The book is still there but when I click I just get a thumbnail of the book cover?

Have you changed browsers?

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Heather, can you give some more details, e.g. title or author, please? I'm trying to see if it works for me but there are too many matches!
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Oh, I may have used firefox instead of IE ?

It OK, Ive used IE and its opened fine now - many thanks Its very interesting.
        Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 24-07-08, 23:47.

Comment

Working...
        X