1861 look up please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1861 look up please

Hi, sorry to ask you all again but please can someone with access to 1861 census look for ROBERT GRAHAM, upholsterer, (and household) born c1832 in Dumfries but now probably in the M/cr. area.
    Very many thanks.
    Cath.

Is this him ... in Manchester married to Agnes ? with 2 daughters

also 2 nephews in household .... surname ? Fallows

click on link below

- Ancestry.co.uk

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

in Hulme Lancashire

45 Baxter Street, Hulme, Lancs - ward of Medlock Street/Sheet?

Robert Graham 29 upholsterer, b Scotland
      Agnes Graham 30 - wife b Scotland
      Henrietta? Daughter 7 b Manchester, Lancs
      Agnes 11months b Manchester, Lancs
      Richard Fellows/Fallows - nephew 11 scholar b Liverpool
      Robert Fellows/Fallows - nephew 9 scholar b Liverpool
      Last edited by JBee; 24-07-08, 14:49.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Thanks JBee & Rachel,
        I can now go back to Scotlandspeople to look for marriage to an Agnes. Unfortunately I've a feeling it was before 1854 and all the OPRs I've seen so far don't give parents' details.
        Thanks again.
        Cath.

Comment

Might they have married in England ?
          Henrietta (aged 7) was born in Manchester and the 2 nephews in Liverpool

I'm having a look at marriages in England ....

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Young Agnes is on the IGI (sadly, no MMN):

AGNES ANN GRAHAM
            Christening: 17 JUN 1860 Cathedral, Manchester
            Father: ROBERT GRAHAM
            Mother: AGNES
            Batch No.: C073545
            Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

It says that Agnes jnr has the initial A (middle name)

I wondered if that might stand for Addison ... as there's a marriage in Cockermouth, Cumbri, Cumberland Agnes Addison is one of the possible spouses 1850 a bit of a longshot

woops typing as Christine posted ...

Comment

There is a marriage of a Robert Graham in Jun Qtr, Cockermouth (25 81).

Unfortunately you have to untangle 8 names, of which one bride is Agnes Addison, who may or may not be Robert's bride.

Christine

:D and I just crossed with you over the Addison match!
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post

:D and I just crossed with you over the Addison match!
                  :D I've been trying to tie in the surname of the nephews ... Fallows or Fellows ... no luck so far ...

Comment

Thanks Rachel but I think "my" Agnes A. Graham's middle name was Ann - See Christine's IGI ref. as I think she's the right one. I've been down the Cumberland route for my Grahams before but have since discovered they moved mainly from Dumfries to Merseyside.

Just seen your Fellows post. They appear to be the children of an Ann Graham & Richard Fellows, born L/pool. - I've just unearthed some very old notes I'd made previously. There's every chance that Ann and Robert were siblings of my great grandfather but someone has put an ancestral file on IGI with so many mistakes I can't be sure. It doesn't help that my great grandfather's birth doesn't appear to have been registered.

Thanks for trying to help.
                    Last edited by Cath RJ; 24-07-08, 16:26. Reason: new post by Rachel.
                    Cath.

Comment

I thought it was only a submission but realise that it's extracted - it might be relevant:

Robert Blair Fallows
                      Birth: 05 SEP 1860 Titchfield St, Liverpool
                      Christening: 14 AUG 1862 St Peter'S C Of E, Liverpool
                      Father: William Fallows
                      Mother: Alice Fallows
                      Batch No.: C044135
                      The same record (no birth address) appears in this batch: P020945

Christine
                      Last edited by Christine in Herts; 24-07-08, 16:29.

Comment

There's also:
                        John FALLOWS
                        Birth: 02 JUL 1850
                        Christening: 10 SEP 1850 Saint Peter, Liverpool
                        Batch No.: P020276

and
                        David FELLOWES
                        Christening: 17 JUL 1854 Saint Peter, Liverpool
                        Batch No.: P020943

Christine

Comment

Just spotted your more-likely suggestion where the bride is née GRAHAM. That would make her a sister of Robert rather than Agnes.

Christine

Comment

Working...
                          X