Deceased Online - free during testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deceased Online - free during testing

Only just come across this site, listing burials and cremations - they only seem to have uploaded Kent and Sussex crematorium and Tunbridge Wells Cemetery so far, but well, worth a shot as its free at the mo

Someone posted that on here a few days ago, looks like it has great potential

Comment

Wow Thanks for that Heather

I have just found one of my gypsy rellies - Absolom Lee. It even tells you who is in the grave with him.

I've booked marked the site and intend to revisit it a lot

Sandra

Comment

Thanks so much for posting the details of this site. Actually managed to find a couple of relations! But I'm a bit muddled about the 'in the same grave' situation. Would these definitely be relatives?

I have my relative William Gurr aged 30 buried in 1890 with Margaret Harris, widow, who was buried 1886 aged 42. I cannot think of any connection between these two! Doesn't help that I can't reliably find Margaret in 1881.

So...should I assume there must be a connection and keep looking for one?

Comment

No, people buried in the same grave aren't necessarily relatives.

Comment

Oh sorry if it had already been mentioned, I hadnt seen it.

Yes, it should be good once they have a lot more areas added. Millions of Cheals in the Sussex one - I suppose I ought to check for any of my lot - twigs - on there.

Comment

Many thanks, Mary. I shan't keep searching for a non-existent familial connection. Seems a bit odd, though. Short of space, even in those days?

Comment

I don't think it was alway lack of space that made people bury their relatives in communal graves as the fact they were short of money and that is all they could afford. To buy your own grave would be above most working class people.

Lin:D
                Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Thanks Heather

This looks - if it continues - to be a a resource which will fill the gaps for all of us who are looking for burials/cremations.
                  ~ with love from Little Nell~
                  Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

i agree Nell. i hope they do Essex next
                    Fi, aka Wheelie Spice

Why not learn British Sign Language: BritishSignLanguage.com; An Online Guide to British Sign Language

Comment

Or even the bit of Sussex & Kent I have ancestors in!!!
                      ~ with love from Little Nell~
                      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Thanks for tip Heather......managed to find some of my Copper family there.

Nicky

Comment

Working...
                        X