X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1881 possible mistranscibed help please

0935/23 page 9
    head of house is Alfred GURR aged 33 and wife Sarah Ann

Just curious about the niece. Harriet TUVY. I was trying to work out who and how she is related. Sarah Ann's maiden name is BROOKS.
    Somebody was just asking me about her which prompted my curiosity. I was looking for a marriage between a BROOK or GURR and TUVY but I think that name is wrong.

Her name is transcribed as Jury in 1871.

Comment

Marriage of Harriet's parents:

Marriages Mar 1865
      Gurr Harriet Hollingbourn 2a 685
      JURY Henry Hollingbourne 2a 685

Comment

Harriet in 1871:

RG10; Piece: 944; Folio: 51; Page: 9

There's a Gurr in the house (Albert aged 19)

Comment

Thank you, I was just looking at a marriage of a henry jury and HArriet Gurr but couldnt find them on 1881 census. Looks like thats possibly it then.

Comment

Looks like Henry died Sept 1871 and HArriet 1873

Comment

The marriage shows up on the Kent BMD site, too. (The refs match - I checked).

Kent Registration Services - Birth, Marriage and Death Certificates - home

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thank you Christine.

Eek I think its a line that I may not have gone down as I think it leads to my brothers ex wife's family........ Small world aint it.

Comment

Working...
                X