Router Probs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Router Probs

Having ditched my old router, the interim one I've bought seems to dislike me.

The internet light keeps flashing and I lose connection almost as soon as I have it.

Any suggestions?

(don't want to say too much in case I speak too soon...if I don't come back you know where I am!)
    Just Mandy

"They certainly broke the mould when they made me!"

Perhaps it wasn't the router at all, but your phone line?? (always assuming you get the signal down the phone line!)

We had a lot of problems and it turned out to be a fautly filter on one of the phones, as well as some 'strange' ways OH had connected all the phones together.

Anne

Comment

Seems to be settling eventually...til I try to leave this post I bet....
      Just Mandy

Comment

Hi mandy,

Make sure you are using a microfilter between the router and the phone line!! I dont care what the manual says; Zoom routers user guides are poorly worded to say the least...

Also make sure it is plugged in to the master socket as it enters your premises... we suffered like hell until i realised our extension was faulty (kids swinging on it didnt help ;))

Any probs drop me a PM, am local ish
        https://squeakerslair.wordpress.com

Comment

Thanks Tim.

I have tried both with and without a microfilter. As I went off to bed last night it was behaving better than it had previously, but then I spoke too soon!

When I get chance tomorrow, I will try through the main phone line...may need a longer cable mind!

Thanks for the help. I think Julie was trying her best to point me in the right direction last night, among my to-ing and fro-ing!

Cheers
          Just Mandy

Comment

Working...
          X