Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you related to anyone famous....

ie politician, celebrity, etc?

I am not but I had a rellie who worked for Billy Butlin when he was alive.

And I know someone in my past who I believe is related to one of the above.
    Last edited by Fi & Lilly; 21-07-08, 19:02.
    Fi, aka Wheelie Spice

Why not learn British Sign Language: BritishSignLanguage.com; An Online Guide to British Sign Language

I'm related to Nigel and Jack Davenport, the actors.

I am also related to the first ever female registrar (Emma Jane Burgess)

both of those are by blood.

Then, through a couple of marriages I am related to a few Torie politicians from the early 1900s.

Through a lot of marriages and very distantly, I am also related to Sir Winston Churchill. Not even the sightest hint of blood there, through several marriages.

Then, through another marriage I am related to French aristocracy, including people who were killed in the revolution.

Also related to Stan from On The Busses.

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

I am connected through a distant marriage to Alexander Dabell, who created Blackgang Chine on the Isle of Wight, and also to William Colenutt who created Shanklin Chine also on the Isle of Wight.

Unfortunately these people are not related to me at all, and probabaly a lot of people have never heard of them.:(
      Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by WendyPusey View Post
        I am connected through a distant marriage to Alexander Dabell, who created Blackgang Chine on the Isle of Wight, and also to William Colenutt who created Shanklin Chine also on the Isle of Wight.

Unfortunately these people are not related to me at all, and probabaly a lot of people have never heard of them.:(

I've heard of them!

Blackgang and Shanklin Chine that is!:p
        Rose

Comment

Hi Fi

I am related to Jane Leeves, the actress in Frasier the American tv comedy show She is my cousin 4 times removed I think, lol!

Oh & my pilot in the picture below, no-one has heard of him but he was the first pilot to fly loop the loops ;)

:D

Joanie

Comment

My 4xG grandfather's brother's second wife's first husband's nephew was the great-uncle of Oscar Wilde

Comment

I think I am related to Lord Justice Scrutton, who was the judge in the "Brides in the Bath" trial - as for others- no comment! :D
              Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

Oooo Tom, Jack Davenport - Yum

Rita Tushingham - don't ask me to explain the link, but its there

And theres me, well i've been naked on the telly
                Vikki -
                Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

I am related to Ken Dodd through my great grandmother on my fathers side.
                  He was cousin to my father so not sure what that makes me to him.
                  Vanessa Tallon passed away September 2011

Comment

If he was your father's 1st cousin, he's your 1st cousin once removed.

Comment

well directly none that i know of, but by marriage to a blood line, pat partridge, the football referee.
                      **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks Mary!!
                        Vanessa Tallon passed away September 2011

Comment

I'm related to David Jason through my paternal grandmother's family, the Whites. He was actually born David John White and changed his name to Jason after his brother who died young.

My cousin helped with Anthony Adolph's article 'Lovely Jubbly' in the September 2006 issue of Family History Monthly.

Looking at the tree in there, his great x3 grandfather, is my great x4 grandfather, so we're distant cousins!

Funnily enough my late father did look very similar to him

Comment

Oooh l love David Jason. Think he is excellent
                            Pam

Comment

Not really! lol

Those of you old enough to remember Horniman's Tea would have been drinking my relative's product!

I'm related to several minor MPs on all parts of the political spectrum. I doubt any are household names though.

By marriage I'm related to Edward Jenner of smallpox vaccine fame and also to HM The Queen (though I bet I'm not on her tree!)

Comment

Should we curtsy to you Merry? :D

A contact on GR once told me that I was the 10th cousin 3x removed of Princess Diana and produced a tree to prove it. I wasn't going to get too excited though as one error on any generation would have dismissed the whole theory, especially when it was going back to before parish registers began :D

Comment

Originally posted by Velma Dinkley View Post
                                  Should we curtsy to you Merry? :D

:D
                                  Definitely!! lol

Comment

Through marriage i am related to Sir Bernard Miles.

One of my rellies through my direct line was hung and they made a film about the murder he committed.

Also this one isnt proven as yet but apprently Harold Wilson's mother Ethel Seddon is linked in with my Seddon's.

Danny
                                    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=528974734

Comment

According to my uncle we are related to a famous boxer "Sailor" Tom Sharkey. He was born in Ireland and went to America. He was my ggrandfather's brother or cousin

PAT

Comment

My third cousin once removed is an actress who was a regular in a TV series recently but I won't say her name. Not a household name, though. I'm waiting for a certain episode of WDYTYA to find out whether my tree is connected to a rather more famous actress. Oh, and one of my first cousins is a bestselling science fiction author, but again, I don't think I'd better say his name although nobody is likely to have heard of him.
                                        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                                        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Working...
                                        X