Thomas Peter Moran b 1883ish Ireland? d 1939 Liverpool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas Peter Moran b 1883ish Ireland? d 1939 Liverpool

Trying to get information about my maternal grandparents.

Thomas Peter Moran, b abt 1883, Ireland? d 23 Aug 1939, Liverpool.
    Ellen Mary O'Neil, b abt 1869, Ireland? d 20 Jan 1941, Liverpool

He worked as a night-watchman for John Lewis.

Not a lot to go on and I have had no success with FreeBMD. However, as I have been spoilt by only needing SP for my paternal line, then I might well be missing something obvious.

I know their dod from Mass Cards.

No sign of them on the 1901 census; their eldest child was born in 1906
    I live in hope.

Hugo

massive ,massive family of Morans here in Garston,Liverpool...I know they came from Wicklow,Ireland....about 1900-1910...Peter Moran aged abt 50 in garston now...if you can find out if they came from Wicklow,let me know...Garston is nicknamed Little Wicklow...allan
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Could it be one of these age fits and birth Ireland or have you already looked at them?

RG13, PIECE 3133, FOLIO 38, PAGE 6
      RG13, PIECE 3523, FOLIO 40, PAGE 1
      GWEN

Comment

Morans could be anywhere from Ireland. A big nest in county Tipperary back in the 1850's. I have one in my family tree from Tipperary and I also have O'Neil from Tipperary, Dublin, Cork and possibly Kilkenny! Roll on the 1911 Census, you may find their birth place then!

Janet
        Last edited by Janet; 21-07-08, 20:18.

Comment

HI Hugo

Can't help at the moment, but I have one question to ask. Have you got Thomas Peter Moran's birth year correct?

I only ask as I took a look at the death year you gave for him and his age at death shows to be 73 making this man to have a birth year of 1866 to just about match his spouse.

WendyP

Comment

In case you want their death certs:

1939 Q3 Moran Thomas P Liverpool N 8b 293 aged 73 (so birth 1865/66)

1941 Q1 Moran Ellen M Liverpool N 8b 534 aged 72
            Last edited by Merry Monty Montgomery; 22-07-08, 10:35.

Comment

You said their eldest child was born in 1906. Was that in Ireland? The date seems fairly late if they were born born in the mid-1860's. Do you know how many children there were?

I can't see that they married in England/Wales.

Comment

If they were born around 1866 then the extracted Irish birth records on Family Search should include them, I think. However, there are too many Ellen Mary O'Neils to know if one is her and there are no Thomas Morans with middle name Peter (or Patrick). Frustrating! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
                  If they were born around 1866 then the extracted Irish birth records on Family Search should include them, I think. However, there are too many Ellen Mary O'Neils to know if one is her and there are no Thomas Morans with middle name Peter (or Patrick). Frustrating! lol

Ooooo .... where do I find Irish birth records on Family Search ... is this something I've missed ?

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Hi Rachel, there's only a few years - I'm sure there's a way to tell, but I don't know it!

You just do an ordinary search just like looking for a baptiism.....they look like this:

ELLEN O'NEILL Pedigree
                    Female
                    Event(s):
                    Birth: 09 JUN 1866 0915, Kilmakevoge, Kilkenny, Ireland
                    Christening:
                    Death:
                    Burial:
                    Parents:
                    Father: NICHOLAS O'NEILL Family
                    Mother: JUDY READE
                    Extracted birth or christening record for the locality listed in the record.

Note the reference number after the birth date and the mother's maiden name included.

The above is obviously just a random Ellen O'Neill!

Comment

The years covered seem to start in 1864......and end 1869/70 ish (that might not be right )

Comment

Is that the IGI ?

it only ever has one branch of my family ... evidently not destined for Morman heaven :(

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel Scand View Post
                          Is that the IGI ?

Yes!

Comment

Doh ! ... thought maybe there was another new and fabulous 'thingie' I couldn't get in to :(

Comment

My appologies to everyone who has responded.

No excuse. I simply forgot I had posted this query!

Mea culpa. Mea culpa. Mea culpa. Mea culpa.

I have just been to a birthday celebration so this is not the best time for me to evaluate the replies.

However, I can say that I appreciate the time and effort you have expended.

Hugo

Comment

Working...
                              X