Thomas Russell Forgan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas Russell Forgan

I am trying to finish off some research that my son started on his father's side

He had Thomas Russell Forgan born c1820 Lochaber Scotland married to Marianne Shaw born 1814 Brampton Lodge Berkshire with a son Thomas Hungerford Forgan born 1851 Scotland. He can't remember where he got the info!!

I have found that Thomas R married Marianne Snelling a widow maiden name Shaw in Surrey 1845. Marianne died in Northwich Cheshire 1883

There is another marriage for Thomas R in Bangor Wales only one bride and two grooms on FreeBMD Thomas R died in Cosford Suffolk in 1904.

I have found Thomas H in 1871 a boarder in Lancashire marrying in Liverpool in 1873.

I would like to find Thomas R on any census
    PAT

Thos R was a bit of a rolling stone, wasn't he? What did he do for a living?
    Phoenix - with charred feathers
    Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

I don't know his occupation as I haven't found him on any census
      PAT

Comment

There's a Mary Forgan (born in England) with husband Thomas (1851 census Scotland)
        They have a Catherine Smelling (daughter in law aged 8) in the household

might this be a connection ? they are in Fife

where is Lochaber ? can not find it in my Atlas

Last edited by Rachel Scand; 21-07-08, 16:38.
        ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

found this marriage for Thomas H
          marr 1873, J/F/M Quart Vol 8B page 93 Lancs
          other on the page Elizabeth Ratcliffe Elisabeth Stender
          GWEN

Comment

This ties in with the above marriage
            census 1891 RG12, PIECE 2837, FOLIO 65, PIECE 20

Still not found Thomas R
            I looked at these poss but the age is a bit out
            1881 RG11, PIECE 2897, FOLIO 42, PAGE 9.
            1891 RG12, PIECE 2506, FOLIO 59, PAGE 1
            GWEN

Comment

Sorry tried looking for him in surrey to tie with marriage and also in Wales he certainly illusive and gets around I wonder what his occupation was ?
              GWEN

Comment

There's a Thomas Forgan in Scotland 1861 (lodger) occ Weaver's Agent ... should think they get about a bit

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Thanks everyone I now know why my son gave up!
                  PAT

Comment

Gwen...........I think that is him in 1891 his welsh wife fits in with his marriage in Bangor in 1888.

I found the daughter Agnes from the 1891 visiting a family called Snelling in 1871. Snelling was Marianne's previous married name.
                    Last edited by Pat Hope; 21-07-08, 21:43.
                    PAT

Comment

Rachel.........I think that is them in 1851 the daughter Agnes fits with the info above. The "daughter-in-law" could mean step daughter a child from Marianne's first marriage.

Thanks
                      PAT

Comment

Working...
                      X