zipporah williamson b abt 1873

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zipporah williamson b abt 1873

Hi..help!!....my gg grandmother was Zipporah Williamson and she was b abt 1873..in either Glossop or Hyde..she married Robert Walker b 1864 in Mottram..the Williamson family came from Glossop and I THINK her mother was Charlotte.....I don`t have my notes as I lost them whilst moving house,but I have in my tree
    charles williamson b 1844
    charlotte b 1851..I think is Zipporahs mother...no father
    thomas b 1853
    selina b 1857
    sarah b 1862
    james b 1867
    zipporah b 1867...twins
    these may not be Zipporahs family at all ,but I seem to remember Zipporah b 1873 being with some of this family in the 1881 census...they were all born in Glossop, but i`m not sure about Zipporah 1873....any advice....allan
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Allan, do you have Zipporah's marriage certificate?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

No ,but she was my dads nan and moved to Garston abt 1903..my dad remembered her fondly,so I`m sure she married Robert Walker..my nan was Martha Walker b 1894 in Broadbottom,cheshire....allan
      Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

Allan, if you get her marriage cert then it should tell you her father's name and occupation.
        KiteRunner

Comment

I`m not sure where and when she was born,sadly my dad passed away 2 years ago ....he wasn`t sure if she was born in Glossop or Hyde and said she was born about 1873....Martha was her 1st born in 1894..then Vera/Veronica in 1901 and james in 1903...he wasn`t sure if these last 2 were born in Garston or Broadbottom,but his mother Martha was definitely born in Broadbottom...regards...allan

Comment

So don't you think it would be a good idea to get her marriage certificate to give you more information?
            KiteRunner

Comment

Here are the family in 1881 RG11/3460 Fo 11 P 20
              On the 1881 census Zepporah was aged 5 and born in Mottram, the same birthplace is given on 1891 when she was a servant (aged 18? perhaps she lied or her employers didn't know exactly how old she was) in Colne Lancs, and 1901 when she was aged 25 and with husband Robert and daughter Martha.
              Last edited by JudithM; 21-07-08, 09:57.
              Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
                Allan, if you get her marriage cert then it should tell you her father's name and occupation.
                It might not if she was illegitimate, but I tthink as Kite says, you should still get the cert.

If she was five in 1881 is this her birth cert?

Births Jun 1876
                Williamson Zipporah Hayfield 7b 810

Comment

thankyou...going to check the reference...allan

Comment

Working...
                  X