Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louis Simmons

Hi,

I am looking for any info on Louis Simmons who married jessie Primrose in Elham Kent Sep 1909.

They had one child that I know of ......... a daughter elise born 23 Oct 1913 in Elham.

I also know that Jessie Primrose was born in 1871 at Leith , Midlothian , Scotland.

Any help , would be very useful

Thank You

Michael

There are a couple of siblings for Elsie on FreeBMD. One in Q4 1911 and another in Q1 1916.

I've not posted their names in case they are still alive, but you could look them up here:

FreeBMD Home Page

Comment

JESSIE PRIMROSE Event(s):
      Birth: 21 DEC 1871 Leith, Midlothian, Scotland

Parents:
      Father: JAMES PRIMROSE
      Mother: JESSIE MITCHELL

Extracted birth or christening record for the locality listed in the record.

The above from Family Search:

FamilySearch.org - Search

Comment

A copy of the marriage cert for Jessie and Louis would probably tell you Louis' age, occ and father's details which would help with finding his earlier records.

Comment

Hi Merry,

I have checked out FreeBMD and I cannot prove that these are any to do with my Elsie, the mother's maiden name does not match, and not the right place.

Comment

the mother's maiden name does not match

The mother's maiden name is Primrose for all three.

The 1911 birth is also the same district as Elsie, the later one is Whitechapel.

Comment

let me have another look, well it is late for me , I have to get up at 5 !

I will have a good look and get back to you.

I found jessie birth ......... but I could not prove it was her.

Michael

Comment

I found jessie birth ......... but I could not prove it was her.
                Her marriiage cert would give her father's name and occ.

She is also with her father on the 1901 Scottish census. I only thought that one was her because you already knew when and where she was born!! If you are not sure on that, then it may not be her

Comment

On Jessie's birth ....... word of mouth says she was born in Edinburgh.

I will have a good look tomorrow

Michael

ps thank you for your help so far ... I have learnt something.

Comment

Hi Merry,

I have been working hard, and I would like to order the Marr Cert for Louis and jessie.

How do I go about this ? I have no idea, being a complete novice.

Michael

Comment

Basically there are two ways of obtaining a certificate. One is to contact the local Register office to where the event took place. Most local offices are very helpful, but some (mainly London) don't do family history requests and some can't issue some certificates (marriages in particular) if the exact venue and date are not known.

The other option is to use the General Register Office (GRO) online ordering at :

Registration Services - Certificate Ordering Service

You will need a debit or credit card though.

If you use the online service the cost should never be more than £7 (if it tries to charge you more, you have filled in the form wrong! lol)

Make sure you have the names (exactly as they are recorded in the GRO indexes) plus the year, quarter, district name, volume number and page number for the event before you start. Also make sure you say Yes where it asks you if you know these details.

have fun!

Comment

district name, volume number and page number

This would be the " Elham 2a 2371 " bit ?

Thank you

Michael

Comment

Working...
                        X