Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pollard siblings....any body else related?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pollard siblings....any body else related?

Bit of a long shot.....but you never know.

I'm looking for any descendants of 2 of my lovely Grandfather's bothers and one of his sisters. There were 9 children altogether but these 3 seem to be a bit of a mystery.

Thomas Francis Pollard born 1882. Address: 108 Upr Dorset St, Dublin, Ireland.
    1911 Dublin City Census: living at Lower Dominick St., with parents and siblings. Aged 28 single. Occupation: Proof Reader.

Francis Pollard born 1890. Address: 12 Henrietta St, Dublin, Ireland.
    1911 Dublin City Census: at home with his parents at Lower Dominick St., aged 13.

Margaret Pollard born c.1902.
    1911 Dublin City Census living at home in Lower Dominick St. Dublin aged 8.
    Believed to have married a Mr. McNulty and had 3 children...in no particular order, Patricia, Marie and Michael McNulty. The family possibly emigrated to Canada or the USA.

Their father was Joseph Pollard.

My grandfather, James Pollard, came over to England in 1928 and its possible that his brothers, Thomas and Francis could have done the same. Another 2 siblings emigrated to the USA, Christopher & Alice Pollard, which we know about.

If any of these people are your relatives too and you can help me any further, I would love to hear from you. I have lots of family details, certificates and photos to share.
    teresa

Hi teresa, have you checked the GEDCOM to see if anyone has any of your family recorded on this site?

Good Luck in your search

Comment

No Merry...Thanks for reminding me!
      teresa

Comment

Originally posted by kathsgirl.48 View Post
        Francis Pollard born 1890. Address: 12 Henrietta St, Dublin, Ireland.
        1911 Dublin City Census: at home with his parents at Lower Dominick St., aged 13.
        No Irish jokes from me (my mother was an O'Sullivan), but I suspect there's a typo in the age or d.o.b.

Tim
        "If we're lucky, one day our names and dates will appear in our descendants' family trees."

Comment

Oooooooooh I never noticed that!

I have his Birth Certificate and Francis was born in 1890 but he is shown as aged 13 on the 1911 Dublin Census!

It also says that 13 children born alive, but only 9 living. So it's possible that the one born in 1890 died and this is a different one....which would makes is birth year c.1898. That seems to fit in with the big gap between 2 siblings born 04/04/1893 and 27/12/1899.

Looks like I will have to order another birth certificate from Ireland!
          teresa

Comment

Working...
          X