Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the most "greats" you have on a cert?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the most "greats" you have on a cert?

I have the death certificate for a 6x great grandmother who died aged 90 in 1839 and I am about to order the death of another 6x great grandmother who died aged 88 in 1841.

What's the most you have?

I have just realised I have another 6x great grandmother's death. She died 1845 aged 80.
    Last edited by Tom Tom; 20-07-08, 18:45.

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

I havent purchased it yet but my 5xG-Grandad died in 1872 and his father i believe made it onto the 1841 census so if i can confirm it then i will also be able to purchase my 6xG-Grandad's death cert.

5xG-Grandad was born 1797 and his father was born c1774.

Danny
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=528974734

Comment

I've got two 4xg's who died after 1837.

Thomas Smith died in 1843 and George Burchill died in 1862.

Comment

I think the highest I can offer is the death certificate of my 4xggrandfather who died in 1843.

The problem Tom is that we are not on equal terms here as there is a two generation difference in our ages! :o
        Elaine

Comment

I can only go back to the death cert of 4th greatgrandfather who died in 1844.
          Im pretty sure that my 5th g grandad is on the 1841c but cant confirm it yet.

Youngsters have an advantage

]

Comment

One of my great-grandparents was born before civil reg!!

Comment

Thats true Denise, we do have a slight advantage;)

Danny
              http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=528974734

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
                One of my great-grandparents was born before civil reg!!
                I didn't think you were that old Merry ;) LOL

My oldest great grandad was born in 1888, so 101 years before I was born. Youngest born in 1910 so only 79 years before I came along.

I would love to try and find a death of one of my 7x great aunts or uncles, just to have it as a "talking point" LOL

It is worrying though as I thought I had most of the direct ancestors certs, but running through them just now I have loads still to get.

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

Originally posted by quiffdo View Post
                  Thats true Denise, we do have a slight advantage;)

Danny
                  Slight Danny, humphhh :D BIG

]

Comment

Don't forget that some of us are grands (or even greats, I would guess) ourselves, so one ought to add a great or two if you have your descendants on your tree:D:D

Roger
                    Last edited by Roger in Sussex; 20-07-08, 20:31.

Comment

Good point, Roger.

My grandchildren have a birth cert for their 5th great grandfather from 1791, and I have a death cert from 1802 for my 4th great grandfather.

Comment

My oldest great-grandfather was born in 1851 (107 years before me), and his youngest child, born in 1915 is still alive !!.

I have certificate of 5xgreat grandfather Thomas, who was born in 1756 and died in 1838.

Di
                        Diane
                        Sydney Australia
                        Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

I can only manage a gt x 4 grandfather who died 1845 aged 97.
                          I have another gt x 4 grandfather who died 1843 but I haven't got the death cert.
                          ~ with love from Little Nell~
                          Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Don't forget that some of us are grands (or even greats, I would guess)
                            Yes that's correct.

I can only manage GRO death certificates for my g g grandparents. Most were
                            born 1790's or around 1800. My paternal grandfather was born 1854 and my maternal grandfather 1869. My parents were born 1911 and 1914 and my great grandson born 2007.
                            Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

I have a death cert for my 5xg-grandmother Elizabeth Vidgen (nee Wellden) who died in 1840 aged 86. I found it pretty unnerving to have a cert for one that far back, I must say.
                              KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                              (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

I have 2XGreat Grandmother baptised 1793 and dying 1870 but that would be 4X Great Grandmother for grandchildren!

Just remembered one fiurther back and would be Great X 3 Grandmother baptised1765 and died 1843 so that would be Great X 5 grandmother for my grandchildren.

How are you counting this? I have 4 grandparents back to 1765 with death certs after 1837 but of course one is my grandmother so only 3 Greats but my grandmother is my daughters great grandmother and my grandchildren's Great great grandmother so it does get rather complicated!!

Janet
                                Last edited by Janet; 21-07-08, 12:11.

Comment

I've just been checking this out, 5 of my husband G Grandparents were born before civil registration and one of the others can't be found! we don't stand a chance!!!!

Oh to be young!
                                  Sue x

Looking for Hanmores in Kent, Blakers in Essex and Kent, Pickards in East London and Raisons in Somerset.

Comment

I can only go back to my 3x GGrandparents, after that we're on quill and parchment.

But on the plus side I can go forward 2 generations.

So by my reckoning (as I'm putting the tree together for my grandkids allegedly) that = 5

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

L

Comment

I only have a Great Grandfather but he did marry in 1853 and was born abt 1832, I have not been able to confirm where and when he was born

I have his first marriage certificate and his second (1857) Bigamous??

His father was John a Gardener/Botanist but I cannot trace him anywhere

All down the line we were all born to oldish fathers

My Grandfather was born 1870 when GG was abt 38
                                      My father was born 1895 when Grandfather was 25
                                      I was born 1936 when my Father was 41
                                      And my son was born when I was 30

Hence only one Great since 1832

Mac

Comment

i have a death cert of 4xg grandfather on mums side, i cant get passed 2nd on dads as i have reached ireland!!!
                                        **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                        X