early wills.Lancashire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• early wills.Lancashire

I have discovered that there are five Wills that I would like copies of.
    They are all written by people in Lancashire and are dated;1627,1633,1680,
    1728 and 1787.I have read the gist of four of them on Ancestry and found reference to the fifth on a Lancashire wills site.
    How do I go about getting copies?
    Fran

Fran, send an email to Lancashire Record Office giving details and ask them to give you a quote for supplying copies of the wills. Or you could visit the office in person?

Lancashire Record Office
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Thanks KiteRunner,I didn't realise it was that easy!
      Fran

Comment

The difficulty may come in reading them, especially the 17th century ones.
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Actually I have found the early ones from Lancashire easier to read than the ones from TNA.

I emailed Lancs RO (from Australia). They emailed me some forms to fill in. I posted them back with 5 pounds each will, and I had them less than three weeks later.

They are the original wills with seals etc photocopied. Mine have each page in two pieces of A3 as they are very wide. The writing was beautiful, but very different in each one.
          They were from 1814 and 1743.

Wish I could find more definites. I look like buying a few more on the offchance they are mine.

Comment

Working...
          X