George William Clayton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George William Clayton

Anyone want to help me trawl for the marriages of my uncle Bill (dec'd)?

George William Clayton bc 1909 Lincoln.

Dad says he was married at least 3 times. I know the last wife was "aunty Betty". Dad thinks none of uncle Bill's marriages resulted in any children but I am embarking on a sideways search to try to find near relatives in Lincoln. I have several children for Millicent (thanks Elizabeth!) and I have found marriages for some of them.

I have just started trawling Ancestry and have done 1928 and 29.

Uncle Bill's sibs were: (Alice) Millicent bc 1904, Dorothy bc 1906, *Bill 1909*, Joyce Louisa b1919, Dad 1922 and last brother 1925. All but Dad and last brother are deceased. Long gap between Bill and Joyce???

Thanks for any assistance :D
    Rose

Did GWC serve at a distance in WW1? That could explain part of the gap?

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I have looked through 1935-1939

There are 7 George W Claytons who married not in Lincoln

and 1 who did!
      4thQ 1939 to Mary E Scoffin or Mary E Green (7a 2033)
      Bridget

Comment

None recorded 1930-1934
        Bridget

Comment

Thanks for looking Bridget. I got as far as 1936 then got called away to help wash the dog who had rolled in something lol.

Christine, I don't think George snr (ie, my granddad) was involved in the war. I'm sure my dad would know and would have said so. He (granddad) was an iron foundry worker and I guess would have had a reserved occupation. We (dad and me) were only saying yesterday how we'd like to find a Great War soldier in the family. There's bound to be one somewhere!
          Rose

Comment

Working...
          X