Problem with Incredimail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Incredimail

I have had incredimail for years with no problems, yesterday 2 mails came in and only one was shown in my inbox, it appears to have a mail stuck somewhere, it has completely frozen incredimail, will not connect etc, I have uninstalled and re installed with no sucess, it just comes back the same!!!!

I have done all the de fragging, disk cleanups etc that I can think of before re installing incredimail, can anyone think of anything else please to sort this problem out

I used control - alt - delete to try and end task and it would appear that Windows Task Manager has jammed - help!!
    Last edited by FenTiger; 20-07-08, 08:14.

Which isp are you with - if it is an email address through your main isp they may have a webmail address that you can get into - it could be that one email is too large or has a problem and if you can get into the web site of the provider and delete the offending email that way it could solve the problem. Sorry - only thing I can think of - someone else might have a brighter idea.
    There is no absolute truth - and no final answer.

Comment

Marion , thanks for trying to help, I have already gone in through isp provider pipex, no mails in there, the main problem is that my Windows Task Manager has jammed trying to end task:(

Comment

Julie have you wrote to incredimail they were very qiock to answer me when I last had problems ,,,but funny enough yesterday wouldnt open and said I had to down load sojme file and lo and behold have 4 symbols or just for mail now ;;;
        borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Julie
          have you tried Mozilla Thunderbird... it is free to download... I find it easier than Incredimail... lol
          Mozilla Thunderbird

researching Matchett, McFarland, Dick, Ewing, Koehler or Kohler, Nairn and Young.

Raven's Wiki Page
          Raven's Family Tree

Comment

Can you turn the computer off - what happens when you turn it off? And what exactly happens when you turn it back on?
            Marion

Comment

Babs

I will try and contact incredimail, oh has it on his computer (we are not networked)

Raven - thanks for that I will give it a try when I have unjammed my Windows task manager and freed incredimail

Marion

I can turn off comp and turn back on, everything stays the same - incredimail jammed with windows task manager jammed trying to end task

I am well and truly fed up today with this - oh can receive emails on his machine so not an urgent problem, but I don't have task manager working on my machine - worrying problem!!

Comment

Originally posted by FenTiger View Post
                Babs

Marion

I can turn off comp and turn back on, everything stays the same - incredimail jammed with windows task manager jammed trying to end task

I am well and truly fed up today with this - oh can receive emails on his machine so not an urgent problem, but I don't have task manager working on my machine - worrying problem!!
                Agreed - it would be a worry if the computer starts back up again with task manager and incredimail still running - is it any different if you try and start it in safe mode at all?

Marion

Comment

I tried to start it in safe mode this morning - no different at all!!

Comment

Hm - sorry Julie - I think it may be a "hospital" problem - it sounds as though the drive is stuck in a loop - can't think of anything else at this stage - if I have a brainwave overnight will come back with it tomorrow. It may not be an Incredimail problem, just that Incredimail was running when it happened - but if you look at others email providers when you get it sorted out there is also gmail - I use them for all of my genealogy.

Comment

Thanks for trying to help Marion, we have had a power cut in the Fens, only just got back online - not my day:(

Comment

Have you tried to view your email via your ISP webmail or mail2web.com this would at least give you an idea if you have any mail in the pipeline. If you are unable to view your email this way then the problem could well be with Incredimail.
                        Or another way that I cleared a similar problem was to send a test email to a friend and ask them to return it. That will narrow the problems as send and receive should be clear if it works and you will then know it is almost certain another problem.
                        Margaret N
                        DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Julie sent you PM babe
                          borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Babs - have pm'd you

Margaret

When I open incredimail, it is frozen/jammed - it doesn't connect so nothing works, the first thing I did was check mail through Pipex, but nothing there!!

OH is in email contact with incredimail from his machine, hopefully they can help today.

Comment

Problem solved - had to format Hard Drive to clear, OH now has my old Computer, I have a new Dell with Vista Premium OMG:

Comment

Working...
                              X