Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For people who think the GRO certs take a long time to arrive...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For people who think the GRO certs take a long time to arrive...

Read the bit in red on here!:

NSW Registry of Births Deaths & Marriages
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

And we moan about how long it takes ours to arrive!!

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

The GRO was delivering in about 4 or 5 weeks a couple of years ago.

They are about one week now - I've just ordered a couple of certs.

Comment

Liverpool also advertise that it takes six weeks to turn the cert round.
        I'd ordered before I saw that, it actually only took four weeks, and it was a photocopy, so better than gro.
        Rita

http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/.../User:Nappycat

Comment

I have had local register offices send me copy certs by return of post.
          ~ with love from Little Nell~
          Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

I would find it so hard to wait that long!

When we were in Sydney in 2006 we went down to the Registry Office one day and gave in an application for my great-great-uncle's death certificate in 1901, and we went back the next day to collect it! It was certainly efficient then.

I think staffing problems hit all these offices from time to time.
            Elizabeth
            Research Interests:
            England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
            Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Originally posted by Little Nell View Post
              I have had local register offices send me copy certs by return of post.
              I remember once phoning Southampton Reg Office at about 5.15pm to order a cert. They said they were sorry, but they wouldn't be able to deal with it the same day, because they were going home shortly. However, they must have had a change of heart as the cert arrived the next morning!

Of course this would be impossible now as the postman always arrives about the same time the children get home from school............

Comment

The longest I had to wait with GRO was about 13 weeks

When the certificates finally arrived, there were a couple of freebies thrown in: the deaths of Mr & Mrs Cockup;)
                Phoenix - with charred feathers
                Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Merry

I agree about Southampton RO. My request for my last certificate was sent Wednesday and I received the certificate on the Friday. I have always found them to be quick and friendly; even searching for my phone number and calling me when they had a query regarding an application. First class.

Terri

Comment

Perhaps its because of the recent WDYTYA programs in Australia, which were very popular and casued a lot of new interest in family history

Comment

Ive been waiting 3weeks now for a cert i ordered.

Danny
                      http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=528974734

Comment

Working...
                      X