Laptop and Broadband Package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop and Broadband Package

I am seeing more and more companies advertising a free laptop if you use their Broadband. The latest today offering a choice of about sixteen models to choose from.
    Have many of you used this service? What are the pit falls and the good points.
    There is no such thing as a free lunch. Do the companies maintain these laptops and are there any restrictions on downloading an additional program etc.
    I look forward to your comments.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

As you say Margaret, there is no such thing as a free lunch.. All i can suggest is that anyone considering this reads the small print, and fully understands it, before signing up.
    Anyone who fails to do this, and experiences problems or finds fault with the caveats at a later date deserves everything they get imho
    https://squeakerslair.wordpress.com

Comment

I was already on AOL when they did the Carphone Warehouse offer of broadband with phone calls and free laptop last year, I was happy with the service already so signed up. It was a two year contract at £14.99 a month for the broadband and I also took up the unlimited calls offer with that for £10 a month, (apart from the obvious 0800.0900 and mobile calls all landline calls are included day or night) the service deteriorated badly when it was changing over to CW servers but it's back to normal now and I'm happy. Plus my son got a nice laptop for christmas.

Comment

I have just had a new phone contract with o2 through carphone warehouse
        I have
        a new phone with 400mins and 500 tests
        a laptop (Dell)
        £70 automatic cashback
        all for £35 per month on a 12 month contract.

The laptop was due 28 days after the phone it arrived right on time
        the cach back was due 90 days after the phone - it came through 40 odd days before it was due.

So far I have had the phone 2 months - paid £70 got £70 back.

My son had the laptop for his birthday and is well pleased with it.
        I get more minutes and texts than my last contract and is not costing me much more.
        And after the 12 months can renew my contract with another deal

Jayne
        Jayne

My avatar is great great granny Annie Pugh, possibly christened 24 Feb 1858.

Comment

Sounds brilliant deal - I dont use a mobile though :(

Comment

Working...
          X