Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• missing marriage quarter on Ancestry

Hello good people.

I am searching for the marriage of my aunt Millicent Clayton to Fred Harley (both dec'd). Millicent's parents were married in 1904 and I think Millie was born 1906-08. Millie and Fred had a child (on freeBMD) Freda H Harley registered Mar Q1929. Sadly, Freda's death was registered Sep Q same year.

I have been checking Ancestry for Millie and Fred's marriage starting at 1929 and working back. I have got as far as 1922 but there is a quarter missing for 1925. Whether I search for Millicent or Fred there is no Dec Q for 1925.

helllllllllp? :D

Thanks
    Rose

Well, I've done 1921 and she's not there. If she's not in that Q for 1925 I am looking at her being illegitimate if she was born before 1904...

hmmm, back later lol
    Rose

Comment

It's showing on Past Times but sorry I don't have any credit left on there, maybe someone else has and will look for you.
      Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

I'm looking at FindMyPast but haven't found anything yet, Rosie.
        Elizabeth
        Research Interests:
        England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
        Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

What year? Where was Freda born? I'll look in FMP.
          Elizabeth
          Research Interests:
          England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
          Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Found!

Frederick G. Harley
            m
            Clayton
            Lincoln 7a 1306
            Oct/Nov/Dec 1928
            Elizabeth
            Research Interests:

Comment

Originally posted by geordiegirl View Post
              It's showing on Past Times but sorry I don't have any credit left on there, maybe someone else has and will look for you.
              What is Past Times?
              Elaine

Comment

We didn't find it sooner as she is given as

Alice M. Clayton
                Elizabeth
                Research Interests:

Comment

birth???
                  Alice Millicent Clayton 1904 Jul-Aug-Sep Lincoln Lincolnshire

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                    What is Past Times?
                    It's the name of a chain of stores in the UK, Elaine!! :D

Comment

That's obviously why I didn't recognise it! ;)
                      Elaine

Comment

pmsl!! Is it the old name for FindMyPast? I've forgotten???!!

Comment

Find My Past was Family Research Link or 1837, something like that!
                          Elizabeth
                          Research Interests:

Comment

Oh yes, 1837online!

Comment

thank you Elizabeth and Jim :D. Would you believe that my dad (Millicent's brother!) didn't know she had any other name but Millicent lol.

So, it looks as though Millicent and Fred "had" to get married and unless Millicent was born right at the end of September 1904 her parents also "had" to get married lol.

So many near misses, but so far in my dad's side all fathers are present and correct lol.

Thanks again peeps.

There are a couple more of dad's sibs I can't find so I may be back!
                              Rose

Comment

Ooh, Rosie, do post them!
                                Elizabeth
                                Research Interests:

Comment

*puts coat on, grabs list of missing ancestors, and goes off to quiz the assistant in my Past Times store, taking some FTF members with me*

OC

Comment

Oooh, you mischevious Old Crone!!
                                    Elizabeth
                                    Research Interests:

Comment

do they do Holdens in Past Times?;)

OK Elizabeth, I got all mixed up there, what I meant was Millie and Fred's kids - they are who I was searching for this afternoon. Hope you don't mind if I post and run?

Well here goes.

I found out the birth of (Alice) Millicent Clayton and Fred Harley's first child Freda H Harley. March quarter 1929 - sadly death in Sept 1929. Millie and Fred had oh pluddy heck! I have just realised that they may still be alive! :( Anyway, dad thinks they had four other children Betty (dec'd) who married Arthur Bray (dec'd). They moved to Oz and as far as we know had no children. The other childred were two girls and a boy and dad thinks they all started with B, but the B may have been nicknames like Betty may or may not have been Elizabeth.

Sorry to be vague but I think that is all I can put if I don't know whether or not they would be alive. Shockingly, these people are my first cousins and MAY live in Lincoln or surrounds maybe only 20 miles away

Apologies if I don't get back on tonight:o
                                      Rose

Comment

There is also a

Rachel M Harley

born to Harley/Clayton parents in March 1928 in Stoke on Trent, although probably not one of yours.
                                        Elizabeth
                                        Research Interests:

Comment

Working...
                                        X