Ancestry indexing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry indexing?

I'm sure I saw a box at the top right-hand side of ancestry's home page this morning asking people to help save records and index them, and I thought I would go back and have a look at it later, but now I can't find it! Has anybody else seen it?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Top right on mine shows "World Archives Project" with a photo of some men leaning on their shovels.......It's been there a while though, so I presume that's not the one??

Comment

It could well be that one, Merry. I don't always wait for the whole page to load so it could have been there a while and I didn't notice it. If you click on it, do you get a page with a URL that you could give me the link to, please? It just keeps showing me the aviators thingy in that place.
      KiteRunner

Comment

Ooooer

I just get this (only it's animated)

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Yes, that's the same one I keep getting, Rachel.
          KiteRunner

Comment

Ooooo now I've got this

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

I've just seen the one Rachel posted and I've seen a couple of others this morning too. I can't get back the one I was talking about, but if I see it I'll click on it! lol

I don't normally take any notice of these things!

*sellotapes eyelids open*

Comment

Aha now it's changed to "is DNA testing worth it ?"

Comment

Right, I've got the page, but when I click the link to the next screen it has my ancestry sign up details emblazoned all over it! I have saved the link. If I give you the url will it show YOUR sign up details (for you) and not mine???

*feels stressed at not knowing anything*

Comment

Don't know the answer to that, Merry, but I've managed to get it to come up now anyway, so I'm signing up for it. Thanks for the help.
                    KiteRunner

Comment

OK lol!

Comment

I signed up and got my email invite yesterday.

mmmm well we'll see.

Comment

I've got my email invite, but the system requirements say I have to have XP or Vista and broadband and 512 MB of RAM, so it's a no-go for me!
                          KiteRunner

Comment

Working...
                          X