help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help please

can anyone look up a marriage between a herbert Thornton and Louise, which I think would have took place anytime from 1912/1915 also the death of Louise when she was 40 which would be around 1937/1943 Louise was adopted by the johnsons but I think she was visited by a Sady Reberro? who family think was Jewish, they lived in Hulme in manchester at least in their early married life, regards Lindyloo
    Linda

This is the nearest I could find.

Marriages Mar 1913
    Bottomley Ann Thornton Halifax 9a 697
    Brown Louisa Chadwick Halifax 9a 697 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    Chadwick George A Brown Halifax 9a 697
    Thornton Herbert D Bottomley Halifax 9a 697 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Which might be the marriage for :

Births Dec 1888
    THORNTON Herbert Dyson Halifax 9a 4[1_]9

Comment

Oops, you said Manchester - I didn't notice that - sorry. Do you know anything more about either of them?

Comment

Er, Merry, those people didn't marry each other! Think it must be past your bedtime! (Mine too)
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
          Er, Merry, those people didn't marry each other! Think it must be past your bedtime! (Mine too)
          Blimey!! I must have had a very bad day!! lolol

Well in that case then, I couldn't find anything

Comment

When was louise born and what was her maiden name did she use the name Johnson?
            GWEN

Comment

cannot find anything on the info you have given sorry
              GWEN

Comment

Was Herbert known as Herbert, or just Bert? Ifthe latter, he could have been Albert, Bertram etc
                Phoenix - with charred feathers
                Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

From a thread back in April, I'm wondering is it's the marriage of this man we are looking for?

Births:
                  Herbert Thornton Jun 1891 Chorlton 8c 991

Comment

He was still living in Chorlton District in 1901 (son of John and Charlotte)

There's this FreeBMD marriage, with only the one bride:

Marriages Mar 1911

Bradeley Minnie Chorlton 8c 1001
                    Lamb George H Chorlton 8c 1001
                    Thornton Herbert Chorlton 8c 1001

I'm working on the missing one!

Comment

Originally posted by Lindyloo View Post
                      can anyone look up a marriage between a herbert Thornton and Louise, which I think would have took place anytime from 1912/1915 also the death of Louise when she was 40 which would be around 1937/1943
                      Lindyloo, the dates here don't seem to add up? If Louise was 40 around 1937-43 then she was born about 1897-1903 and so she would have been too young to get married so early, wouldn't she?
                      KiteRunner

Comment

Sorry, I can't establish which of them married Minnie, nor the name of the missing person at present.

Comment

Very good point, Kite! lol

Comment

There are some Thornton / Johnson births on FreeBMD in Chorlton district - I won't post up the names because they could still be alive. First one is 1911, but of course there could be others before that when mother's maiden name wasn't on the index, and it could all be a coincidence!
                            KiteRunner

Comment

There are quite a few Johnson/Thornton marriages across Lancs in the previous few years too.

Comment

I've found a Herbert Thornton in the WW1 pension papers on ancestry who looks as though he might be the right one - lived in Hulme and his next of kin is wife L Thornton 44 Queens Street Hulme, then up the side of the page I think it says next of kin wife Anne Louie Thornton 44 Queens Street Manchester. It's the Herbert Thornton who has 13 pages in his papers, fourth one down on the list if you search for the name Herbert Thornton, if anybody else wants to help read through it for clues!
                                KiteRunner

Comment

Looked all through the pension record but I didn't find any more clues in there. And the service records aren't up to T yet!
                                  KiteRunner

Comment

It's the Herbert Thornton who has 13 pages in his papers
                                    Erm.....I think it's the next one! 10 pages, 5th one down!!

Comment

Oh, is it? Sorry.
                                      KiteRunner

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
                                        Bradeley Minnie Chorlton 8c 1001
                                        Lamb George H Chorlton 8c 1001
                                        Thornton Herbert Chorlton 8c 1001
                                        There is a Louie/Louis Johnson Mar 1911 Chorlton 8c 1001 - on complete images.
                                        Elaine

Comment

Working...
                                        X