Macs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macs

Advice required please - OH's cousin has just decided to dabble in the tree - we advised him to download a free software programme to begin with - suggested the Legacy but it seems he has a Mac and a lot of the programmes don't work on Macs.
    Has anyone got a suggestion for a fairly simple programme that he could use on a Mac that will accept a gedcom. (I've never had much to do with Macs I'm afraid)
    Thanks in advance,
    Marion
    There is no absolute truth - and no final answer.

There is a list of software in the wiki which shows which are available for Macs.

Genealogy Applications and Packages - Family Tree Forum
    Elaine

Comment

Hiya
      I have MacFamilyTree ... can't say I use it much, but it is one of the more reasonably priced ones

Hello Elaine ... I didn't know that
      Off to have a look
      ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Oh Elaine didnt know about that list ,,,I have disc called Family Tree Legends cost me a fiver in Aldi not bad bit like FTM and also makes a gedcom and backs it up when you close it down ;;;
        borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Thanks Elaine,
          Have just sent that off to him.
          Thanks Rachel.
          Marion
          There is no absolute truth - and no final answer.

Comment

PAF (free from LDS site) works fine on Mac.
            I use Reunion which is supposed to be the best for Mac (more features than on PAF) but it is a bit expensive
            CAROLE : "A CHIP OFF THE OLD BLOCK"

Comment

Working...
            X