This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text size on this site query

I have just got a new pc and it is Vista. I have altered the text size 'cos the text was smaller than on XP. All is fine with my postings now, but the actual text on this site, such as the text on the blue bars, etc is small. Can anyone tell me why please?
    Stella passed away December 2014

I have the same trouble Stella wonder why ????????

Comment

Glad I'm not alone with this problem Val. Does anyone please know the reason why this is happening.

Comment

I would imagine the variation in the text size is down to a different screen resolution.

As to whether there is a solution I am not sure! :o
        Maybe Tim will be around later and can offer some advice.
        Elaine

Comment

Different screen resolutions would explain the perceived difference in font size..

Site code can be altered to increase this BUT this would have the effect of making it too big for other users who are on lower resolutions...

Simplest solution for you is to hold the CTRL key down and press the key with + on it, this will increase the zoom rate on the page, to reduce it again hold CTRL and press -
          https://squeakerslair.wordpress.com

Comment

thanks for that Grimsqueaker

Comment

Stella
              Click on Page (top right in Explorer) then Zoom and select a number higher than 100.
              Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

Stella and Val -

If your mouse has a scroll wheel, another way of increasing or decreasing text size of the page you're viewing is to hold down Ctrl and scroll the wheel at the same time - towards you for larger, away for smaller.

(Not often I can offer computer advice - I only come on here to pick up tips!)

Bee
                Bee~~~fuddled.

Searching for BANKS, MILLER, MOULTON from Lancs and Cheshire; COX from Staffordshire and Birmingham;
                COX, HALL, LAMBDEN, WYNN, from Hants and Berks; SYMES (my mystery g'father!) from anywhere near Bournemouth.

Comment

Oh Bee, that explains all those times when I've changed the text size by accident and wondered what I'd pressed!
                  KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                  (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

thanks for that Bee it works

Comment

check the settings of your browser as you may be able to override the font size of the page.

Comment

I had the same problem with Vista.....try this

Start>Control panel >Display>Settings Tab>Advanced button....then change the DPI setting to larger size.

I think this is what I did to increase the size of everything on the screen, I'm using the XP pc at the minute but I'm sure it is similar for Vista.
                        Kathleen

Comment

Ooh yes, thanks Bee - that works!

Comment

Glad to have helped - but don't thank me, thank my kids! ;) I'm a total dumbo with anything IT! :o That's why I check in on this thread - to see what I can learn.

Bee.
                            Bee~~~fuddled.

Searching for BANKS, MILLER, MOULTON from Lancs and Cheshire; COX from Staffordshire and Birmingham;
                            COX, HALL, LAMBDEN, WYNN, from Hants and Berks; SYMES (my mystery g'father!) from anywhere near Bournemouth.

Comment

Working...
                            X