Irish Census Availability!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish Census Availability!

Yesterday I joined the Irish Family History Federation, and today they sent me an e-mail re. the 1901 census.

"We are pleased to announce that the 1901 Census of Ireland records for Tipperary North are now available at North Tipperary Genealogy Centre - Online Searching of Irish ancestral and genealogy records (Births, Deaths, Marriages) for North Co. Tipperary
    These records are transcribed copies of the original household returns, not digitised images."

I'm sure Irish researchers will be pleased!
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Elizabeth, I am half excited because there are baptisms for N & E Cork on there too, covering the period 1800-1810 when I know I have an ancestor and his sister born there. But I don't know how common the surname is there and if they came from that part of Cork. I think I will have to fork out and see if they share the same parents:s
    Asa

Comment

Hiya Elizabeth,

Did you put your full address in when you joined.........i dont like giving my address out, my Grandfather was born in north Tipperary, he left there to live his days out in India, but i wonder if any of his family would show up
      Jacky

Comment

Jacky, I probably did put my full address, but I might have shortened it. You can just put in something brief and not the full one.
        Elizabeth
        Research Interests:
        England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
        Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Thanks Elizabeth, and thanks for the link......

Will have a go later :D
          Jacky

Comment

Originally posted by Asa View Post
            Elizabeth, I am half excited because there are baptisms for N & E Cork on there too, covering the period 1800-1810 when I know I have an ancestor and his sister born there. But I don't know how common the surname is there and if they came from that part of Cork. I think I will have to fork out and see if they share the same parents:s
            asa where do i go to look for cork?brenda xxx

Comment

Here it is, Bren

Irish Genealogy Search for Co. Cork (North & East)
              Asa

Comment

thankyou asa but you have to pay,i suppose nothing is free brenda xxxby the way is your name jewish,as my oh went to see al jolson 25 times,my girls can sing all his songs,he was asa jolson.brenda xxx

Comment

Had a look for my Grandfather, it has a birth - 4 yrs earlier than i thought, his name was Augustine Ansboro, the chap i found is Augustine Annsporo, there is a Michael Ansboro and a Mary Ansborough, all born a few yrs apart. I wonder if the site can get the spelling of the surnames wrong ?

Will look and see if i can find any reference anywhere else that will tie in with these spellings.
                  Jacky

Comment

hi i have just been on the site today for first time and only had to give e mail and password got a reply saying same straight away, good luck I am waiting for Dublin and Kerry Lindyloo
                    Linda

Comment

Working...
                    X