Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's the best place to look?

Hi

Can somebody tell me the best place to look....
    whether it be ancestry etc......

I'm looking for two names in the 1901 census that could be connected together.
    I'm not really sure which would be male or female etc.....
    So how could I do this?

Thanks

Tracy

Tracy

can you explain abit better please

do you mean like in a marriage? as in connected? or another way?
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I know what Tracy's referring to; she's hoping there's an easy way of finding a Miss X in the same household as Mr Y, or Miss Y in the same household as Mr X, but I'm afraid I don't think there's any way it can be done.

All you can do is to search for each surname separately, and then look to see who else is in the household.

Comment

Thanks for that Mary.

Even looking at the 1901 census may be too early for someone born in Oct 1906....... too:o

I could look for one name and make a note of addresses etc... then possibly look for the other name and see if they were nearby etc.....

Just a bit long winded...... but I'm determined to find him!!!

Tracy

Comment

Findmypast lets you search for two names in the same household (you have to go onto the advanced search) but its 1901 isn't complete yet, so you'd have to check whether it covers the county you want.
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
            Findmypast lets you search for two names in the same household (you have to go onto the advanced search) but its 1901 isn't complete yet, so you'd have to check whether it covers the county you want.
            Hi KiteRunner

Its Lancashire??

Tracy

Comment

Sorry, Tracy, I don't know which counties they have - you would be best to go onto the site and find out for yourself.
              KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
              (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
                Sorry, Tracy, I don't know which counties they have - you would be best to go onto the site and find out for yourself.
                Hi

Glad I checked it out before paying..... they only have two compeleted..
                Gloucester and Somersetshire

Tracy

Comment

Working...
                X